Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Allegan County & they are Hiring Candidates for Youth Specialist
Company Name : Allegan County
Company Location : Allegan, MI 49010
Job Position : Youth Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
Supervises residents and ensures a safe and secure environment. Activities include processing resident intakes and discharges, supervising recreational activities, reaching proper hygiene and conduct, monitoring resident behavior, intervening in crisis situations and documenting incidents and resident interaction.
Starting Wage: $21.19 per hour, excellent benefits, 40 hours per week
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain safety and security by monitoring residents’ activities, observing conduct, behavior and attitudes, conducting regular room/bed checks. Investigating incidents and informing appropriate persons of incidents.
- Interacts with residents individually and in group setting to discuss personal problems, facility rules and regulations, and to teach proper personal hygiene and conduct.
- Reacts to crisis situations, such as unruly behavior and fighting, intervening in an appropriate manner. Restrains residents when required for their safety. Evaluates suicidal or AWOL behavior and closely monitors residents exhibiting those tendencies.
- Dispenses medication to residents in accordance with the physician approved prescriptions, logs medication, dispenses and ensures medications are secured. Provides basic first aid as necessary. Assesses injuries and illnesses and determines need for medical care in accordance with program guidelines.
- Supervises resident to ensure compliance with facility rules. Addresses non-compliant behavior by coaching and teaching approved theory and therapy techniques. Support youth with emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Processes resident intake by conducting personal searches and obtaining and logging personal items. Logs required resident intake information.
Education: Possession of High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in social science or human services field preferred.
Experience: Three to six (3-6) months of experience in a child care facility or closely related setting which could include internships, orientations and/or on the job training.
View Benefit Information
Allegan County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. A copy of our EEO Utilization Report is available on our website.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in