Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Youth Empowerment Project & they are Hiring Candidates for Youth Advocate, YEP Mentors Region 4
Company Name : Youth Empowerment Project
Company Location : Hahnville, LA 70057
Job Position : Youth Advocate, YEP Mentors Region 4
Job Category : Jobs in Louisiana
Job Description :
Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is a community-based, 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that engages young people through community-based education, mentoring, employment readiness, and enrichment programs to help them develop skills and strengthen ties to family and community. Our core purpose is to empower young people to improve their lives and the lives of others.
The YEP Mentors Youth Advocate must share YEP’s Core Values of:
RESPECT YEP believes all people have value and should be treated with dignity.
INTEGRITY YEP is honest and sincere.
PROGRESS YEP believes in ongoing learning and innovation.
KINDNESS YEP is caring and generous.
ACCOUNTABILITY YEP is responsible to its participants, families, community, donors and other stakeholders.
The YEP Mentors Youth Advocate (YA) is responsible for providing case management and mentoring services to youth enrolled in the mentoring programming at YEP. The YA will interface directly with a variety of justice system stakeholders, including probation officers, service providers, and other representatives of the court as a part of providing holistic wrap-around support to youth participants and their families. Additionally, the YA will assist participants with regular transportation in order to engage in YEP Mentor’s program as well as enabling them to engage in other services they are in need of. At any given time, a YA may have a caseload between 8 and 12 youth. The YA will all serve as the primary point person to the young person’s family to receive supportive service or community based referrals, as needed. YA’s are primarily responsible for ensuring that the youth in their caseload receive quality mentoring and supportive services that are guided by the young person’s individualized service plan, making sure to document progress as it occurs. The YA will report directly to the Regional Director of YEP Mentors
Youth and Family Advocacy
- Provide mentoring and case management support to youth engaged in YEP Mentors.
- Provide applicable supportive services to the families of youth referred to YEP Mentors
- Establish and regularly monitor progress of individualized goals for youth participants.
- Schedule and conduct intake appointments with youth and families referred to YEP for services
- Participate and assist with implementing regularly scheduled structured mentoring, enrichment, and/ or psycho-educational group activities
- Maintain regular contact (oftentimes upwards of 3-5 times per week) with youth (phone and face-to-face)
- Maintain regular contact (monthly) with parents/ guardians or appropriate family members (phone and face-to-face)
- Model prosocial behaviors for youth
- Redirect youth on negative or delinquent behaviors and consult with supervisor regarding such behaviors
- Develop relationships with families of youth clients and maintain regular dialogue with family members about youths’ needs, progress in the program, and challenges.
- Participate in the development of group curriculum and assist with the facilitation of youth groups
- Participate in and assist with facilitation of structured group activities
- Attend meetings with youth and their families, e.g., school, medical, mental health, substance abuse, meetings with court personnel, etc.
- Advocate for youth clients within a variety of settings, including, but not limited to school, juvenile court, medical and mental health agencies and other community based service providers
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with parents/ guardians, internal and external stakeholders to ensure youth receive seamless quality services.
- Thoroughly document all work done on behalf of youth clients.
- Review and input data and demographic information into the YEP database / Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
- Regularly prepare written reports as needed for external partners and referral sources
- Provide transportation to youth clients (and families as required) to and from appointments, activities, and programming events (as needed).
- Maintain comprehensive and organized hard and electronic files for each youth client
- Attend all required trainings related to professional skill development
- Maintain regular meetings with the program director for supervision, client review, and submission of progress reports
- Ensure that youth are enrolled, participate and transition out of YEP Mentors programming in a seamless manner, in line with YEP internal FY outcomes.
- Ensure that all data and client documentation is entered on time and in an organized fashion.
- Youth Advocate facilitates meaningful connection of youth assigned to, educational support, structured enrichment activities, other YEP services areas, and/or external service providers.
- Youth engaged on the YA caseload will demonstrate progress in the areas of education/ employment (as applicable), Justice system involvement, goal completion, emotional wellbeing in line with YEP’s FY outcomes – as well as reporting being satisfied with the services provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or 2 years of professional work experience
- Experienced in working with youth, with demonstrated ability in developing supportive and trusting relationships with young people.
- Previous professional experience with case management service delivery and documentation.
- Experience with supervising youth (individually or within groups), while effectively encouraging positive and meaningful participation in programming.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet internal and external deadlines while maintaining a high standard of work.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology in order to accomplish key employment responsibilities.
- Reliable transportation and willingness to transport youth participants using a personal vehicle.
- Ability to office in Hahnville, LA and travel throughout St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, Lafourche, Ascension, and Assumption Parishes
- Willingness to authorize YEP to conduct a pre-employment criminal background screening
Salary and Compensation
This position is full-time with a $35,000 to $45,000 annual salary, depending upon experience, plus an excellent benefits package. YEP provides an option to all full-time employees for 100% coverage of health insurance premiums.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Youth Empowerment Project is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our work and on our teams. We know that the rich diversity of perspectives and wisdom that is imperative to our purpose can only come from a wide variety of origins and life experiences. We strongly believe that creating a workplace where all team members thrive is critical to fulfilling our mission in the communities we serve and we intentionally recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Qualified candidates are urged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in