Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Milwaukee Orthopaedic Group, Ltd. & they are Hiring Candidates for X-Ray Technologist
Company Name : Milwaukee Orthopaedic Group, Ltd.
Company Location : Mequon, WI 53092
Job Position : X-Ray Technologist
Job Category : Jobs in Wisconsin
Job Description :
Reports To: MA Supervisor
Job Summary: This position is responsible for operating X-ray equipment (non-digital) that assists physicians with diagnosing and/or treating disease and/or injury.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
2. Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
3. Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
4. Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis. Adjusts/sets radiographic controls.
5. Positions patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians.
6. Develop and process radiological film. Checks X-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed.
7. Distributes X-rays to appropriate medical staff.
8. Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports.
9. Obtains outside imaging records for patient record.
10. Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
11. Complies with safety standards.
12. Cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
13. Maintains radiographic supplies, film, and orders as necessary.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s degree in radiological technology from accredited X-ray technician program. Current state X-Ray Technology certificate or license.
Experience: One to three years of experience as X-ray technician, preferably in medical practice environment.
Other Requirements: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Certification.
1. Knowledge of X-ray procedures and protocols.
2. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform X-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
3. Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
1. Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
2. Skill in following infection control and radiological safety procedures.
1. Ability to work at both the Downtown and Mequon Location
2. Ability to lift and position patients for the type of X-ray procedure required.
3. Ability to notice detail in drawings and differences in shapes and shadings.
4. Ability to read and write instructions, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
5. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees.
6. Ability to competently use Microsoft Office.
Equipment Operated: Radiological equipment used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
Work Environment: Radiological unit. Exposure to disease, radiation, and toxic chemicals in the course of performing the work.
Physical Requirements: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with an X-Ray Technician such as standing six to eight hours per day. Involves some bending, stooping, squatting, reaching above the shoulders, twisting, turning, kneeling, and pushing, and pulling. Heavy lifting 75+ lbs. required to move equipment and transfer patients. Occasional stress when working with anxious patients.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 – $34.00 per hour
- Free parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Medical Imaging: 1 year (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in