Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in North Carolina State University & they are Hiring Candidates for Web Programmer
Company Name : North Carolina State University
Company Location : Raleigh, NC
Job Position : Web Programmer
Job Category : Jobs in North Carolina
Job Description :
Job Posting Information
Anticipated Hiring Range
$48,000.00 – $49,092.00
Monday – Friday; 8:00 am-5:00 pm, additional hours as needed
Info Tech & Eng Computer Svcs
About the Department
Information Technology and Engineering Computing Services (ITECS) is charged with providing a world-class computing environment for the faculty, staff and students of the College of Engineering at NC State University. ITECS fulfills this charge through a combination of direct IT support activities, active collaboration and partnership with other IT support entities within the college, with other IT support groups (OIT, DELTA, colleges), and with our faculty, staff and student constituencies. ITECS staff provide technical leadership and capability in their core competencies both within the College of Engineering and to the University technical community as a whole.
Essential Job Duties
The Web Programmer (WP) is expected to work as an integral part of a cross-functional team of front-end and back-end developers within the ITECS scope of responsibility in the College of Engineering. THE WP will:
Contribute to the general function of the unit by:
- Attending client meetings to better understand College business needs and application functionality.
- Collaborating with the other developers on distribution, sequencing and completion of work tasks.
- Actively participating in sprint planning and after-action evaluations.
Maintain WordPress environment by:
- Working with developers to implement custom themes and plugins.
- Troubleshooting incidents in the service queue.
- Documenting requests for new functionality.
- Providing an index of WordPress metadata for the team.
Bolster the production of the team’s custom applications by:
- Creating test modules.
- Writing functional PHP code.
- Documenting efforts.
- Assist with application and site demonstrations for potential clients.
- Assist the development team with basic development tasks within capabilities.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Programming; or Bachelor’s Degree with nine credit hours in programming; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Write efficient code in a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Write, speak and listen effectively.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Associate’s Degree in Applied Science with an emphasis on computer programming or web development.
- Experience with coding for WordPress.
- Experience with GitHub or other version control tools.
- Experience coding in a LAMP stack.
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver’s License required
Commercial Driver’s License Required?
Recruitment Dates and Special Instructions
Earliest Close Date- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)
In addition to your application, please include: • Cover Letter • Resume • Contact information for three professional references
Position Classification Band Title
Business & Technology Applications Technician
Position Classification Band Level
Position Classification Salary Range
$37,230 – $94,753
Salary Grade Equivalency
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)
12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation – Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation – Emergency Events
Time-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable)
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?
143401 – Info Tech & Eng Computer Svcs
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in