Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in East Central Indiana CASA, Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Volunteer Coordinator
Company Name : East Central Indiana CASA, Inc.
Company Location : Anderson, IN 46017
Job Position : Volunteer Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in Indiana
Job Description :
The Volunteer Coordinator provides supervision and guidance to CASA volunteers ensuring that children involved with the CASA program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. The Volunteer
Coordinator is responsible for volunteer supervision in Madison County, coordination and monitoring of cases, and participates in volunteer recruitment and training activities.
The Volunteer Coordinator 1 should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
Experience with volunteers given preference.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect given preference.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Software is necessary.
- Familiarity with using electronic mail communication and the worldwide web is necessary.
- Communication and language skills – both written and verbal.
- Commitment to ECI CASA’s goals and mission.
This includes, but is not limited to: o If not already a trained child advocate, employee must complete the CASA VolunteerTraining curriculum within the first two (2) months of their employment. o Employee must be willing to serve as advocate on cases when necessary, or at the request of the Executive Director. Since CASA’s mission is to provide advocacy services to abused/neglected children, no employee will be exempt.
The Volunteer Coordinator 1 is hired by the Executive Director. The Volunteer Coordinator 1 reports directly to the Executive Director, who is responsible for delegating their duties, as well as their performance evaluations.
- Lead Madison County Volunteer Team.
- Assist Director in supervising and evaluating the performance of Case Managers.
- Supervise and guide volunteers.
- Review volunteer court reports, and ensure they are submitted timely to Courts.
- Review assessments of CHINS cases assigned to agency that are completed by the triage specialist.
- Assign volunteers to the appropriate case managers.
- Assign appropriate volunteers or staff GALs to cases in a timely manner.
- Help develop initial case plans and on-going strategies for advocacy with volunteers.
- Responsible for maintaining personal telephone or email contact with assigned CASA volunteer a minimum of once a month and having knowledge of the status of each case assigned.
- Provide additional assistance to volunteers as needed, and when requested.
- Ensure all assigned volunteers complete case logs in Optima, and review and approve logs.
- Help coordinate court coverage with the volunteer team, and cover court hearings.
- Assist in volunteer recognition activities and events.
- Enter data into Optima case tracking program.
- Responsible for compiling agency data in Optima for various reports.
- Discuss cases with the attorney when needed.
- Participate in volunteer evaluations as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Meet weekly with Case Managers for updates on the court schedule, volunteers, cases, and issues.
- Serve at the request of the Director to represent the agency at community meetings and public forums.
- Join the Executive Director in meeting with DCS Leadership team monthly.
- Join Executive Director at court team meetings with Judge, attorneys, DCS, etc.
- Conduct weekly case staffing with Director to update he/she on cases and issues.
- Attend monthly Executive staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program.
- Attend volunteer in-service trainings.
- Attend community meetings, conferences and seminars as requested by the Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director in the development & implementation of agency fundraisers, events and programs.
- Participate in Agency Fundraising activities.
- Attend annual Indiana State GAL/CASA Conference.
- Completing 12 Hours of certification training annually.
- Participate in performance evaluations of this position as directed by the Executive Director.
- Provide office coverage as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Respond to phone messages in a timely manner.
- Check office Email and respond daily.
- Complete work timesheets bi-weekly.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Employee Classification: Full – Time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.30 – $20.19 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anderson, IN 46017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in