Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation & they are Hiring Candidates for Vice President of Business Development
Company Name : Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation
Company Location : Spencer, IA 51301
Job Position : Vice President of Business Development
Job Category : Jobs in Iowa
Job Description :
Job Title: Vice President of Business Development
Reports To: President & CEO
Post Date: October 17, 2022
The Organization: The Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation is a four-county regional economic development organization serving Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson and Emmet counties in northwest Iowa. The organization’s mission is “to foster, encourage, promote, aid or otherwise assist in the economic growth and development of the four-county region.”
Primary activities of the Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation include business retention, expansion, and transition; business attraction; entrepreneurship programming; housing and workforce development; community development; legislative advocacy.
The Vice President of Business Development will provide primary support to the President & CEO with project management, lead and assist with successful community and economic development initiatives, implement business development programs and strategies, and lead marketing strategies and outreach. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for growing the Corridor’s small business and entrepreneurial support services. The VP of Business Development will interact regularly with business and community leadership and represent the Corridor within the region and at state level organizations.
The ideal candidate is an expert on economic development practices to support existing and prospective businesses while being interested in the long-term viability of the Corridor region through economic and community development efforts. This is characterized by a high degree of initiative and the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, community-based organizations, businesses and government entities.
- Maintain site and building databases and market properties.
- Develop and oversee small business support programs and new strategies to cultivate entrepreneurial activities in the region.
- Maintain knowledge of business development programming and assets, and maintain relationships with development partners through which collaborative efforts would further the mission of the Corridor and communities.
- Provide Corridor presentations as needed to stakeholders and community organizations.
- Generate reports and information as needed to maintain successful economic development initiatives.
- At least two years of progressive work experience in economic development project management and/or economic development operations, including finance, credit analysis, business development, workforce development, marketing, material and presentation development.
- College degree in business, economics, public administration or related field.
- Demonstrated career progression of commitment, success and growth. A positive attitude, commitment to growth and desire to learn is a priority.
- Demonstrated integrity, adaptability, innovation and collaboration.
- Ability to travel (including overnight) and attend meetings outside of regular office hours.
- Valid driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relationship builder
- Effective listener
- Strong communicator
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent people skills
- Corridor enthusiast
- Strong implementation abilities
- Persuasive verbal and written presenter
- Positive mindset
- Data and research abilities
Competitive compensation package, including: health insurance, company matched retirement, generous personal time off, education and professional development opportunities.
Qualified candidates should send resume (with references), completed application form, cover letter and salary expectations to Shannon Landauer no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 9, 2022 by mail or e-mail as noted below. The position will be available until filled with a qualified and successful candidate.
President & CEO
Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation
520 2nd Avenue East, Suite 2
Spencer, IA 51301
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Economic development: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in