Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Austal USA & they are Hiring Candidates for VICE PRESIDENT ENGINEERING
Company Name : Austal USA
Company Location : Mobile, AL
Job Position : VICE PRESIDENT ENGINEERING
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal’s commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
SUPERVISES: Engineering Directors, Chief Engineers, Program Engineers, Naval
Architects, ILS, and Managers of the Engineering organizations
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Directs the overall management of multiple
engineering functions, including Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering,
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and associated support functions through
subordinate Engineering Directors, Chief Engineers, Program Engineers, Naval
Architects, and Managers. Represents the company, with external contacts, as the
Chief Engineer. Lead with a culture based on people and processes.
- Supply the resources to support the development of engineering and ILS
documents to allow the efficient construction of marine vessels that meet the
technical requirements of our contracts.
- Develop performance standards and short-term and long-term goals. Insures the
team receives the required training to meet their goals.
- Provide the department vision and guidance to achieve short term and long term
- Provide support and direction developing new designs and modifications of
- Review and manage department budgets and schedule.
- Continually strive for process improvement and cost reduction.
- Insure engineering supports production’s and service’s needs through sound
build strategy, work package support, and waterfront support.
- Stay current on the latest technology affecting ship design and construction.
- Stay current on the shipbuilding and repair industry and create competitive
advantages Austal USA can deploy.
- Become the subject matter expert on Autonomy from an engineering perspective.
- Report to the President as a key Senior Leadership Team(SLT) member.
- Develop talent management & development plans for the team while providing
coaching and mentoring.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Engineering, Master’s degree
- Proven experience in the preliminary, contract, detail design, and post-delivery
support of naval and commercial vessels.
- Familiar with the System Engineering Process.
- Knowledgeable of the ship production and repair processes.
- Experience dealing with the Navy, Coast Guard and other DoD and commercial
customers on major vessel programs.
- Eligibility for a Secret Security Clearance from DoD.
- Experience with Autonomy and/or Nuclear ship construction preferred.
- A person of high ethical standards who understands the importance and
requirements for Compliance.
TOOLS: Not applicable.
- Full discretionary authority to provide work direction to senior engineering
- Full discretionary authority to establish and hold accountable for meeting
- Authority is granted for matters required for shipbuilding and repair activities, in
accordance with the latest Authorization Matrix, approved by the Board.
LIAISES WITH: All other departments within the company, external customers,
regulatory agencies, and suppliers.
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be eligible
for employment with Austal USA:
o 18 years of age or older at time of application.
o Able to provide proof of US Person Status.
o Willing to submit to a drug screen.
o Willing to submit to a background check.
o No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
seven years from disposition date.
o No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
o Able to travel up to 20% of the time if needed.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in