Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in FBL Financial Group, Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Systems Engineer
Company Name : FBL Financial Group, Inc.
Company Location : Des Moines, IA 50309
Job Position : Systems Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Iowa
Job Description :
The Systems Engineer is responsible for technical direction to the business community and the IT department through the development and support of systems, applications solutions, and procedures. Informal leadership is required in this role by serving as an approachable mentor who guides others and encourages collaboration across domain practices. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we make insurance simple so our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As a Systems Engineer, you will oversee the software development life cycle, including analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and maintenance of application software. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership for projects and initiatives, including acting as IT Lead in project proposals, justification, design, development, testing and delivery phases.
- Perform architectural / engineering functions at many levels from developing strategic enterprise-wide artifacts to direct contributions to critical projects across the organization.
- Participate in governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with established principles, security standards, patterns, assumptions and strategies, and the integrity of components.
- Serve as the key liaison between technical and business areas to analyze and resolve complex business problems.
- Analyze financial services industry and technology trends to determine potential impacts to our business and proactively partner with application and infrastructure teams to create roadmaps which consider near term and long-term health of systems and technical currency. Recommend technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate in business plans.
- Coach IT staff on technology, processes and career development.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus 10 years of relevant experience required. 5 years of experience in insurance industry processing preferred.
- Experience in multiple data integration patterns (messaging, web services, ETL, etc.) required. Knowledge of .NET, C#, XML, SQL, ETL and Informatica are a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be results oriented and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Customer focused mindset with strong analytical, problem solving and system design skills sets.
- Mature interpersonal skills that foster the ability to work well with others and understand the importance of negotiation and compromise.
- Ability to understand insurance systems and the data sources behind them.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written in both technical and non-technical settings.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and for many positions, even consideration for a hybrid work arrangement. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!
Work Authorization/Sponsorship: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor now or in the future, or take over sponsorship of, an employment visa or work authorization for this role. For example, we are not able to sponsor OPT status.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in