Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Harkins Builders Inc & they are Hiring Candidates for Sr. Estimator
Company Name : Harkins Builders Inc
Company Location : Columbia, MD 21044
Job Position : Sr. Estimator
Job Category : Jobs in Maryland
Job Description :
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform commercial and multi-family construction take-offs.
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of plans and specifications and the ability to recognize value engineering opportunities.
- Ability to conceptualize and create construction budgets based on preliminary and schematic documents.
- Ability to estimate and control the design of design-build projects.
- Review the scope and finalize the construction budget for transition to the project manager and site team.
- Ability to create a preconstruction design schedule to utilize through the preconstruction process.
- Analyze and coordinate plans and specifications.
- Apply unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Actively seek out new work through all possible sources.
- Solicit subcontractors for projects.
- Seek out and maintain a local trade partner network.
- Engage and work with project managers on all projects.
- Work with owner and architect teams to develop and finalize contract documents.
- Oversee assigned estimators’ work, coaching, and mentoring to enhance personal and professional development.
- Create construction budgets based on preliminary and schematic documents.
- With guidance from the preconstruction manager, assist architects, engineers, and owners in the development of plans and specifications that are within the proposed budget limitations.
- Finalize contract clarifications exclusions.
- Confirm bidders’ credentials used in budgets (proper licenses, insurance, bonds, reference checks, etc.).
- Create or add to design meeting agendas.
- Keep design in line with the owner’s budget/expectations.
- Lead the company’s Plan Review process during design, providing feedback to the design team.
- Keep project manager informed through preconstruction.
- Work with project manager on scheduling and general condition developments.
- Review budgets with client and architect at set intervals.
- Prepare GMP and preconstruction meetings books and be prepared to present the projects at the GMP and preconstruction meetings.
- Develop, record, and recall trend cost information for estimating commercial and multifamily residential projects.
- Maintain current knowledge and use of all local and state building codes and public funding source design standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments in the construction industry.
- Ensure that minority subcontractor participation goals are met as per project requirements and company goals.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach direct reports regularly to help them establish and achieve job performance and personal and professional development goals.
- Attend at least three owners’ meetings during the transition from estimating to project manager.
- Attend at least two job reviews for each project turned over.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins University seminars/webinars.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in estimating.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Project, and Word.
- Experienced with Insite and On-Screen Takeoff, or similar estimating software.
- Knowledgeable with CSI formats and ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
- Knowledgeable in the construction industry, scheduling, contract law, contract types, and contract negotiations.
- Knowledgeable of the regional marketplace, pricing, and trade partner community.
- Field experience, a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with many issues, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and supervisory skills.
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, MD 21044: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction Estimators: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in