Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University of Illinois & they are Hiring Candidates for Software Development Educator
Company Name : University of Illinois
Company Location : Chicago, IL 60607
Job Position : Software Development Educator
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
Software Development Educator
Discovery Partners Institute
Reporting directly to the Director of Workforce Education, this position will play a critical role in implementing the software development instructional programs for adults within DPI’s Workforce Development unit, which is focused on expanding the diversity of our tech talent pipeline. At DPI, we are preparing adults with little or no tech experience to develop software development skills and launch a successful career in tech with an intentional focus on underrepresented and underserved populations. The ideal candidate has a passion for software development, beginner focused education, and social impact and is aligned with DPI’s mission to transform lives and diversify tech talent. Currently this position is fulltime, in person in the downtown Chicago Loop.
Additional responsibilities included:
- Teach software development skills by guiding and mentoring students through classroom instruction, active projects, and labs.
- Promote a best-in-class, equitable learner experience that fosters a strong sense of belonging and invigorates motivation and curiosity among a diverse group of students.
- Share and gather insights into industry practices to drive curriculum enhancements as needed.
- Measure student growth through rigorous assessments and provide actionable feedback to students throughout the course.
- Design and implement remediation strategies for students in need.
- Incorporate feedback from students, employer partners, and DPI program leads to improve materials, classes, and student outcomes.
- Use beginner focused pedagogy to teach students how to learn, solve complex problems, and maintain a growth mindset for their future.
- Thoughtfully articulate curriculum and pedagogy decisions with solid insights and well-reasoned rationales.
- Collaborate with program leaders to ensure the curriculum is up to date on the latest industry best practices to continuously improve and build a best-in-class learner experience.
- While designing and creating lessons, projects, and course materials, the Educators must be able to think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible components and address multiple learning styles creatively throughout.
- Collaborate with program leaders to define key success metrics and enable their measurement.
- Assess individual and group work and training needs, while maintaining individual and group training records to report on student metrics.
- Follow industry trends for Software Developers and keep personal IT skills and knowledge up to date.
- Collaborate with and coach teaching assistance as needed to ensure learners are receiving the best support across all instructional staff.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s in computer science or related field plus 4 years of relevant work experience required, preferably in a software development team including experience in the design, launch, and testing of software and services.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated personal commitment to promoting and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and oral communication and public speaking skills, relationship building, collaboration, and emotional intelligence.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Prior teaching/training experience is preferred.
- Candidates should be highly motivated, results-driven with leadership, management, mentorship, and/or coaching experience with a strong command of written and spoken English.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Skills and experience in full-stack web development. Especially in:
- Experience with project management methodologies, including waterfall and agile
Preferred Instruction Skills
- Managed a classroom (in-person or hybrid) of students, especially adult learners, with varying experience and abilities
- Developed incentives to make learning enjoyable for students while also effectively intervening when they get stuck
- Utilized data to identify opportunities to make students reach their maximum potential
- Applied science of learning into all aspects of the curriculum and teaching for beginners
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by 6 pm on 11/15/2022 or visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/employment.
System Human Resource Services
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the System Human Resource Services, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at 217-333-2600, or by emailing [email protected]
Requisition ID: 9000385
Job Category: Academic Professional
Campus Location: Chicago
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in