Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in New York Life Insurance Co & they are Hiring Candidates for Short Term Disability Claims Representative – Remote
Company Name : New York Life Insurance Co
Company Location : Alabama
Job Position : Short Term Disability Claims Representative – Remote
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a Short Term Disability (STD) Claims Manager, you will develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations, make determinations regarding short-term disability eligibility for our customers, provide ongoing claim administration, and communicate decisions and status updates. This is a fast-paced job where attention to detail counts. The Claim Manager’s decisions have a direct impact on customers’ health, well-being and sense of security. The ability to make and effectively communicate decisions within tight timeframes, while integrating knowledge of medical conditions, customer contracts, Cigna Group Operations and corporate compliance are critical for success.
As a Disability Claims Manager, you will:
- Make claim / customer eligibility determinations and manage on-going claims for an assigned caseload of short-term disability claims, through capturing medical information, applying appropriate contractual provisions, following legal guidelines, and leveraging expert resources.
- Communicate with claimants, employers, and various medical professionals to gather information regarding the application for, payment of, and ongoing management of short-term disability benefits.
- Support and promote all integration initiatives (including Family Medical Leave, Life Assistance Programs, Integrated Personal Health Team, Your Health First, Healthcare Connect, etc.)
- Ability to handle potentially high levels of call volume from customers and clients. Respond to various written and telephone inquiries, including eligibility, approval/denial determinations, status and continuation or closure of benefits.
- Work directly with clients and Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors to facilitate return to work either on a full-time or modified duty basis
- Network with both customers and physicians to medically manage claims from initial medical requests to reviewing and evaluating ongoing medical information
- Pay all covered claims accurately and timely
- Execute on all customer performance guarantees
- Adhere to standard timeframes for processing mail, tasks and outliers
- Understand Cigna Group Operations and Corporate Compliance, Polices and Procedures and best practices
- Stay abreast of ongoing trainings associated with role and business unit objectives
- Respond to all telephonic and email inquiries within customer service protocols in a clear, concise and timely manner
- 1 year minimum of professional experience strongly preferred
- HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications is required (Word, Outlook)
- Proven track record of successfully driving results in a complex matrix environment is a (+)
- Strong critical, analytical and investigative skills; ability to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Additional experience administering FMLA and/or State Leaves is a (+).
- Must have the ability to work with a sense of urgency and be a self-starter with a customer focus mindset.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology is a (+)
- Must be technically savvy with the ability to toggle between multiple applications and/ or computer monitors simultaneously
- Functioning broadband (cable/DSL) should meet the following minimum requirements 50mb download/20mb upload speed
This position can be offered as a full-time work from home position for candidates with appropriate experience.
Salary range: $42,500-$62,500
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We’re proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 87316
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in