Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in MicroAire & they are Hiring Candidates for Senior Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Company Name : MicroAire
Company Location : Charlottesville, VA 22911
Job Position : Senior Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Virginia
Job Description :
MicroAire Surgical Instruments LLC
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC is a fast-growing medical device company seeking a Senior Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer to lead product design and manufacturing changes to support sustaining engineering of our existing product lines. This role is responsible for design for manufacturing and automation (DFMA), design changes, supplier issue resolution, fixture design, process development, process validation and process support.
MicroAire is one of four companies within Colson Medical, LLC., the medical group of
Marmon Holdings, Inc
., under Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., a Fortune 100 company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Participates and makes recommendations regarding departmental quarterly plans and performs all essential duties and responsibilities within the company’s mission, vision and values.
Leads development of detailed specifications for components and assemblies, in the form of 3D models, CAD drawings and written documents.
Leads efforts to produce product designs for automation and development of automated processes.
Supports New Product Design Transfer activities for manufacturability and process automation of new product designs.
Exercises judgment on tolerance, material selection, manufacturing methods, and component selection.
Designs components and assemblies with consideration for safety, reliability, manufacturability, ergonomics, and aesthetics.
Supports creation and revision to manufacturing documents
Supports in-house production related activities.
Provides liaison support to supplier’s production activities and resolves technical issues, including vendor site visits.
Works to resolve manufacturing problems and performs Failure Analysis.
Designs, builds, and validates assembly and test fixtures.
Initiates and executes product cost reduction initiatives.
Creates and implements plans for product design and process improvements including automation.
Performs equipment qualification and process validation.
Maintains compliance with ISO & FDA requirements.
Is responsible for maintaining, improving, and implementing product quality and reliability efforts.
Identifies, justifies and procures capital equipment associated with manufacturing and testing of existing products.
Must be able to lead cross-functional team towards resolving issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Education Requirement: BS/MS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience Requirement: 5+ years in a manufacturing and/or mechanical design engineering role for a medical device or related industry.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with design for automation and development of assembly automation
- Experience with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other job associated software
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, preferably SolidWorks
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 drafting standards.
- Advanced understanding of the design of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Ability to apply basic scientific reasoning to resolve technical problems.
- Ability to write manufacturing and test procedures
- Experience in design, operation, build, test, and maintenance of assembly and test fixtures.
- Advanced understanding of part fabrication techniques, such as machining and injection molding.
- Advanced understanding of part tolerancing and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Advanced understanding of properties of various materials, such as stainless steel, aluminum and plastics.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to [email protected]
, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.