Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Racine Dominicans & they are Hiring Candidates for Senior Accountant
Company Name : Racine Dominicans
Company Location : Racine, WI 53402
Job Position : Senior Accountant
Job Category : Jobs in Wisconsin
Job Description :
Accounting with a purpose! This flexible full-time role supports the Racine Dominicans in their mission ‘Committed to Truth, Compelled to Justice.’ Working in collaboration with the Sisters of St. Dominic (“SSD”) CFO and with the support of the Siena on the Lake (SOTL) Treasurer, review, update, and manage the overall accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting policies and procedures; to affect proper internal controls; to achieve maximum operating efficiency and effectiveness; and to satisfy the informational requirements of the SOTL independent auditors, lenders, and government agencies.
Diverse work including accounting, audit/review, time & attendance and payroll, accounts payable/receivable, budget and administration! See more details below:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
A. SOTL Accounting
1. Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow for the accounting and finance activities of the department.
2. Participate in the evaluation and the development of appropriate accounting software programs.
3. Assure the accurate and consistent recording and reporting of financial and accounting data.
4. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
5. Daily, monthly, and annual maintenance of the accounting system.
6. Prepare End of Month adjustments/reconciliation, review, edit, backup and post entries; print monthly, quarterly, and annual statements and reports.
7. Analyze reports, project trends, and interpret the statements and reports of assets and operations with the Executive Director, department heads and Treasurer.
8. Responsible for all activities regarding the General Ledger.
9. Coordinate accounting and audit/review functions for SOTL.
10. Maintain the fixed asset database, prepare and process depreciation entries, reconcile detail to balance sheet and prepare fixed asset audit schedules.
B. SOTL Audit/Review
1. With the SOTL Treasurer, recommend and arrange for an annual audit or review by independent auditors.
2. Prepare all schedules and worksheets with appropriate department members.
3. Prepare the first draft of the financial statements.
4. Review the audit/review drafts for accuracy and clarity.
5. Prepare supplemental schedules as needed for Form 990 and review the draft for accuracy.
C. Sisters of St. Dominic Accounting
1. Central and Siena Cash Receipt Processing
2. Central and Siena Fixed-Asset Tracking and Accounting
3. Central and Siena Contributed Services Accounting
4. Prepare and process SSD payroll and benefits journal entries and employee deduction reconciliations
5. Vehicle Fleet Management and Recordkeeping, including assisting with registration/licensing and providing guidance on maintenance issues.
6. Participate as ex-officio in SSD Finance and SRI committee meetings.
D. SOTL Time & Attendance and Payroll
1. With the help of the Director of IT, assist in ensuring that time & attendance clocks and software are functioning properly and meeting the needs of all users.
2. Review individual employee timecards for accuracy and completeness. Resolve any potential timecard related discrepancies with the appropriate departmental manager.
3. Compare supporting documentation with timecard detail to confirm accurate data entry of PTO, holiday, training, etc.
4. Transmit information to payroll provider and review all associated reports.
5. Prepare payroll journal entries and accruals.
E. SSD Time & Attendance
1. Support implementation and ongoing training of Time & Attendance functions.
2. Assist in payroll data and reporting needs.
F. SOTL Budget
1. Oversee and/or prepare the necessary budget forms for each department.
2. Assist by providing formats, projections, assumptions, and help for input.
3. Prepare the annual consolidated budget with analysis and observations and present to the Finance Committee.
4. After dialogue with the Finance Committee and the Treasurer, summarize details and prepare total budget.
G. SOTL Accounts Payable
1. Review invoice coding and confirm all invoices receive proper management approval.
2. Oversite and Backup for accounts payable processing, weekly check run, and filing.
3. Review accounts payable aging.
H. SOTL Accounts Receivable
1. Prepare all invoices and supporting documentation.
2. Book general ledger entries to record receivables.
3. Record cash receipts.
4. Review accounts receivable aging for any past-due amounts and follow-up as necessary.
I. SOTL Administration
1. Prepare documentation and minutes for Board and Finance Committee meetings.
2. Assist with implementation and creation of new management reports and metrics (maintenance log reconciliations & dietary trackers).
J. SOTL Other
1. Work with Executive Director and department heads to establish financial goals and objectives for each year and help monitor and advise on the progress.
2. Establish good documentation and cross train others so that all critical daily, weekly and monthly tasks can be provided for and the workflow can be maintained.
3. Participate as needed in SOTL Finance Committee and Board meetings
4. Other duties and projects as may be requested.
K. SSD Other
1. Support the work of the SRI Coordinator, Justice Team and participate in the Racine Dominican proxy voting and active shareholder initiatives.
2. Participate in the SRI Committee, acting as secretary.
3. Other duties and projects as may be requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Because of the vulnerable population we serve, vaccination against COVID-19 is required. We currently require masking and daily symptom and temperature screenings. Occasional COVID-19 testing is conducted on-site.
- Are you willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Financial Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- CPA Designation (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in