Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Boulder Community Health & they are Hiring Candidates for RN – Pre Surgery Testing
Company Name : Boulder Community Health
Company Location : Boulder, CO 80303
Job Position : RN – Pre Surgery Testing
Job Category : Jobs in Colorado
Job Description :
Full Time, Weekdays. 36 hours/week.
Pay Range is between $27.24-$41.62/hr, depending on years of relevant and like experience.
Boulder Community Health is a Certified Level II Trauma Center. We are honored to hold the awards of 2019 Best Medical Facility from Boulder Weekly, 2019 Best Medical Center from Yellow Scene’s, and Best Local Employer from Daily Camera. Come be part of an independent, community-focused health system; feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and positively contribute to the community.
Coordinates Pre anesthesia preparation and education nursing care for the peri-operative procedure patient. Provides intensive observation and care for the pre-operative procedure patient for which an anesthetic agent or conscious sedation is used. Is responsible for the general well-being of the patient during the pre-operative period, acts as the patient’s advocate and works as a member of the surgical team, is knowledgeable in the areas of aseptic technique, infection control, emergency procedures, and general operating room procedures. Works with highly technical, ever-changing equipment.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Colorado RN license in good standing
2. BLS certification preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Demonstrates assessment and response to changes in the patient’s condition.
2. Skills in taking medical history to assess medical conditions and interpret findings
3. Skills in preparing and maintaining records, written reports and responding to correspondence
4. Communicates clearly on all aspects of documentation.
5. Must be flexible to rotate shifts and adjust hours as needed.
6. Able to assess, treat and/or care for patients of all ages.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of preparation, maintenance, cleaning and usage of equipment.
8. Places orders and Prepares specimens and lab forms for laboratory analysis.
Previous experience in PACU or Pre-op/ post-op care, Medical surgical care preferred
Directs activities of the MA and volunteers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains the standards of nursing care, implements policies, procedures and standards of practice of the hospital, division and department. Participates in review of standards.
2. Provides and coordinates Pre-operative or procedure preparation patient based on the understanding of the bio-psychosocial process prior to the day of surgery using an Anesthesia approved protocol.
3. Reports pertinent observations or changes in patient’s condition to appropriate physicians and/or charge nurse and implements emergency procedures as necessary.
4. Assists with special tests or procedures (e.g. EKGs).
5. Evaluates plans for patient and family learning needs; provided pre- and post-operative education to ensure continuity of care.
6. Maintains complete and accurate requests outside patient documentation and records as directed by Anesthesia protocol, and surgeon.
7. Organizes patient care demonstrating ability to set priorities and use time effectively.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Physical working environment may include, but not be limited to, any of the following hazards: chemicals, electrical, mechanical, stress, body fluids, etc.
2. Environmental conditions may include, but not be limited to, variations in temperature, noise, odors, multi-stimuli, etc.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand and walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
4. The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds.
5. Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching.
6. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence delivered with respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built a strong reputation on these values. As community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinic locations, we remain dedicated to the evolving needs of our citizens and providing access to high-quality care.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Boulder lifestyle is conductive to enjoying the outdoors and brings a fresh perspective to healthcare practice. Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and equipment along with competitive compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center, Employee Wellness, Employee Activities & Discounts, and many more!
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace
Location: Boulder Community Health · PACU
Schedule: Full-time, Days – 8 hour shifts, Monday – Friday
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in