Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in SMTC & they are Hiring Candidates for Regional Commodity Manager
Company Name : SMTC
Company Location : Billerica, MA 01862
Job Position : Regional Commodity Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Massachusetts
Job Description :
SMTC is hiring for a Regional Commodity Manager!
SMTC Corporation was founded in 1985. SMTC is a mid-size provider of end-to-end electronics manufacturing services (EMS) including PCBA production, systems integration and comprehensive testing services, enclosure fabrication, as well as product design, sustaining engineering and supply chain management services. SMTC has facilities in the United States, Mexico, China and Canada. Services extend over the entire electronic product life cycle from the development and introduction of new products through to the growth, maturity and end-of-life phases.
- 401K with company match
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical HRA Plan
- Short term/Long term Disability Insurance, etc.
The Regional Commodity Manager requires the managing of existing suppliers and sourcing for the development of new suppliers for metals, enclosures, plastics and other peripheral commodities. Seek to localize the supply chain away from Asia (primarily China) into Mexico and the U.S. to achieve similar or better landed costs and technology. This role will also require interfacing with key customers and the sales organization to support new business development strategies. In addition, this position will support regional escalations to improve deliveries and expedites for key orders. Lastly, develop supplier performance through the development of key metrics and periodic supplier reviews.
- Evaluate, qualify, and source key manufacturers primarily for metals, plastics, and other custom peripheral commodities in support of SMTC strategies to grow and support key industries and customers achieving best quality, delivery, and price.
- Organize and support onsite visits and audits of key suppliers for both internal and external requests/cadence.
- Monitor industry and global market conditions to develop technology roadmaps and identify risk.
- Develop processes and strategies and implement actions at regional or project levels to ensure completion of core supply chain initiatives (price reduction, VMI, lead time reduction, etc.)
- Drive annual RFQ’s and price reductions to ensure best prices are available to SMTC.
- Develop and track KPI’s for PPV and inventory turns for custom commodities.
- Provide guidelines to regional sites based on established strategies and monitor adherence to ensure tactical actions are in compliance.
- Update and monitor supplier database sourcing rules.
- Provide support, guidance, and resolution to regions as an escalation point.
- Develop sources or provide solutions (designs for supply chain) as needed for new business development needs.
- Develop sources or provide solutions (designs for supply chain) as needed for existing business development needs.
- Ensure supplier development includes considerations for transfer to/from regions as well as to/from SMTC regions.
Education and Experience for the Regional Commodity Manager:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of education and applicable experience
- Prefer education or background specializing in mechanical engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Management with 3+ years in a leadership position.
- Experience in Injection Molding, Metal CNC, Die-casting, MIM, Hinge, Forging, Glass, Painting, Plating, Sheet Metal, and Die-cuts
- Manufacturing and supply chain processes
- Knowledge and experience working with metals and plastics suppliers in key manufacturing sectors (Guadalajara, Monterey, Juarez, Tijuana, United States)
SMTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
If you require assistance completing this application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in