Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Valley Presbyterian & they are Hiring Candidates for Radiology Clerk
Company Name : Valley Presbyterian
Company Location : Van Nuys, CA 91405
Job Position : Radiology Clerk
Job Category : Jobs in South Dakota
Job Description :
- Under the direction of the Director, Manager, or Supervisor, performs all reception and secretarial duties, including greeting all patients to the department in a courteous and professional manner. Performs a variety of duties that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Assumes responsibility for designated areas and duties as required in Imaging Services, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Cardiology, GI Lab, or other Ancillary Departments.
- Familiarization with office functions, filing documents, and phone usage.
- Familiarization with medical terminology preferred.
- Type of minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Computer & Meditech system experience preferred.
- PACS film storage experience preferred.
- Familiarization with Joint Commission mandates, regulations and National Patient Safety Goals.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to HIPAA compliance in accessing patient information.
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the patient population demographic.
- High school graduate equivalent or comparable experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card certification at the time of hire or within the first 30 days of employment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Greets all Out-Patients to the department
- Schedules all Out-Patient and/or In-Patient exams as required; explains all routine examinations and preps
- Records all In-Patient, Emergency, and Out-Patient exams scheduled for that day on the Control Board (when necessary). Generates and processes all paperwork required for the ordered procedure.
- Records all information necessary for patient record archival and/or retrieval.
- Registers patients and processes all necessary paperwork for patients at the Out-Patient Services Center (OSC)
- Performs all front desk reception duties of the Diagnostic Imaging Services.
- Enters departmental charges for all Diagnostic Imaging Services Department, G.I. Lab and reviews MRI In-Patient log/billing for accuracy.
- Responsible for all duties related to the maintenance of the Radiology Film Library:
- Film storage (current)
- Film retrieval (long term)
- Duplicates films
- Handles films from Surgery
- Updates film jackets
- Purges films weekly
- Purges films to IM/storage yearly
- Handles Subpoenas
- Prepares SCOI films
- Files reports
- Monitors outside films
- Monitors & verifies MRI In-Patient films have been received
- Assists in maintaining statistical data required assuring they are current and available upon request for review by the Directory of Clinical Services.
- In cooperative and helpful in a clear and courteous manner to staff, physicians, patients and visitors. Provides information concerning the Film Library procedures and policies to patients, hospital personnel, and medical staff as required.
- When assigned to OSC, deposits checks/cash received to the hospital business office as required.
- Makes copies of films and completes all necessary paperwork as required for the patients, physicians and/or outside agencies (copy services, Lawyers, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable regarding all Diagnostic Imaging procedures performed, along with patient preps and length of procedure for all patient classifications, i.e., neonates, pediatrics, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics.
- Witness and obtains patient signatures on all necessary forms required (i.e., Admission/Registrations OSC, consents, etc).
- Reviews OSC admission information for accuracy and thoroughness ensuring that proper authorizations are obtained and financial arrangements have been made. Also responsible for recording admissions on the Daily Log and prepares the Business Office Jackets on a daily basis.
- Maintains all Logs (CT, Vascular, Ultrasound & X-Ray) on a daily basis and checks for thoroughness.
- Aware of whom to call in the event of computer or machine breakdown, and knows downtime procedures for admissions, ordering procedures, etc. and can initiate without supervision.
- Keeps all secretarial supplies/forms/appointment books current/stocked at all times.
- Knows Radiology Management Computer System thoroughly to enable him/her to charge, credit, delete, look-up, etc…
- Participates in Departmental C.Q.I. Program.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to patients’ rights in delivery of care and treatment.
- Participated in Cross-Training Program.
- Responsible for completion and distribution of Monthly Statistics.
- Responsible for monitoring the workflow within the department and to ensure that tasks are completed and to keep the Office Manager informed of any delays in service.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in