Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Connecticut – Department of Energy & Environmental Protection & they are Hiring Candidates for Protective Services Trainee (Target Class: Conservation Enforcement Officer)
Company Name : State of Connecticut – Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
Company Location : Hartford, CT
Job Position : Protective Services Trainee (Target Class: Conservation Enforcement Officer)
Job Category : Jobs in Connecticut
Job Description :
This division has state-wide conservation law enforcement responsibilities and is made up of three unique geographical districts each managed by a district Captain and overseen by a Colonel. The division has responsibility of over 255,000 acres of agency owned lands and waters that includes state forests, state parks, wildlife management areas and boating access areas.
EnCon Officers also protect the public’s safety in Connecticut’s state parks and forests. Connecticut averages 13 million visitors per year in the state parks, forests and campgrounds. Criminal activity of the same nature that occurs in every city and town in Connecticut also occurs in the state’s parks, forests and campgrounds.
The Division is responsible for the patrol element of Connecticut’s shellfish program, has a cooperative enforcement agreement with NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement, boating accident investigation responsibilities and patrol on Connecticut’s state waterways. The Division has five specialized law enforcement units which the Director manages including K9, Chemical Immobilization, Boating Accident Reconstruction, Hunting Related Shooting Incidents and PEER support.
Western District, with the headquarters currently in Harwinton covers the towns in the western part of the state from Suffield south to North Branford west to Wilton north along the Western boundary of Connecticut to Salisbury.
Eastern District, with the headquarters in Marlborough covers the towns in the eastern part of the state from Enfield south to Killingworth east to North Stonington north along the Eastern boundary of Connecticut to Thompson.
Marine District, with the headquarters in Old Lyme covers all the shoreline towns in Connecticut from Greenwich to Stonington and is responsible for the patrol of Long Island Sound and Marine Fisheries enforcement.
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick and personal)
- Excellent health, dental and supplemental benefits
- A Hazardous Duty pension plan
- Applicants for this class must have reached their 21st birthday.
- Applicants must have received a high school diploma or GED before becoming a sworn member of the Division of Environmental Conservation Police.
- Applicants are required to pass a Physical Agility Test prior to appointment.
- Incumbents in this class must establish residence within Connecticut just prior to completion of the State Police (Municipal) Training Academy.
- Incumbents must possess and retain Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator’s license during employment.
- Please ensure that your application is complete. You are unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut. Applicant Support can be reached by email at [email protected] Candidates who submit an untimely, incomplete or inaccurate application will not be considered for this employment opportunity.
- Due to the large volume of applications, please do not call/email to confirm receipt or status of your application. If your application submits successfully, a pop-up confirmation displays, which is followed by a confirmation email. You can view all emailed notices on your Personal Status Board by clicking the date in the Last Notice column for this recruitment.
- Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
2. Referral Questions: These questions are designed to allow hiring managers to learn more about your abilities and skills related to the Protective Services Trainee position.
- First and last name (including any hyphenated last name, or those with suffixes such as Jr)
- First three (3) letters of your last name at birth
- Day of birth
- Primary phone number
- Email address
- 1.5 Mile Run
- 300 Meter Run
- Successful completion of all phases of the selection process means that you are eligible to be considered for final appointment as a Protective Services Trainee. If you are selected as a Protective Services Trainee, you will enter the physically and mentally demanding training program at the State Police (Municipal) Academy.
- This program lasts approximately twenty-six (26) weeks and includes classroom instruction, practical exercises and physical conditioning. Trainees are required to live at the Academy Monday through Friday.
- After graduation from the program, Trainees are required to complete twelve (12) weeks of field training and must be able to pass a swim test including swimming 100 years within four (4) minutes.
Note to Applicants on Active Military Duty: Special accommodations may be made for applicants on active military duty at the time of the application filing period. Documentation showing out of state deployment will be required. Please contact Jennifer Tokarczyk, [email protected], 860-424-3970.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting’s closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question’s expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user’s spam.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Experience speaking with the public, one on one and to groups in a work setting.
- Experience with hunting including small game, waterfowl, big game, and trapping.
- Experience utilizing de-escalating methods.
- Experience in providing security and public safety patrols.
- Experience in motorized boating, including: Operating a vessel, trailering a vessel, and boaters safety course.
- Experience in outdoor recreation including: hiking, geocaching, birding, camping, or paddle water sports.
- Recreational or educational experience with Marine or Freshwater fisheries.
- Experience working as a team with other agencies or units and non-governmental organizations to achieve a mission.
1. Applicants must be a United States Citizen by date of appointment.
2. Applicants must have a High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification prior to admission to the Connecticut Police Training Academy.
3. During the period as a Conservation Enforcement Trainee candidates will be required to complete a course of training to include completion and graduation from the Connecticut Police Training Academy program or its equivalent.
4. Appointment to this class will be for a period not to exceed twelve (12) months. Provisional appointment will be made to the target class when formal training has not been completed after twelve (12) months as a Protective Services Trainee (Conservation Enforcement). Appointment will be made to the target class after successful completion and graduation of formal training.
5. Applicants in this class must have reached their 21st birthday.
6. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
7. Incumbents in this class may be required to obtain and retain Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic certification.
1. Incumbents in this class must have general good health, be free from any disease or injury which would impair health or usefulness and possess and retain sufficient physical strength, stamina, agility, endurance and visual and auditory acuity to perform the duties of the class. A physical fitness assessment will be required of all applicants.
2. A comprehensive medical examination, including a controlled substance screening, will be required of all applicants upon a conditional offer of employment.
3. Conservation Enforcement Trainee: Applicants must be able to pass a swim test including swimming 100 yards within four (4) minutes.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in