Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Shawcor & they are Hiring Candidates for Production Supervisor (First Shift)
Company Name : Shawcor
Company Location : Williamsport, MD 21795
Job Position : Production Supervisor (First Shift)
Job Category : Jobs in Maryland
Job Description :
The Production Supervisor is accountable for the management of shift personnel to ensure product is being produced to standards, and ensuring a safe work environment. This position supervises a large number of direct and indirect reports as they oversee a shift on the production floor (25 – 45 employees). Using a mix of quality, HSE, and operations metrics, the Production Supervisor will ensure to build a high-quality product.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONTACTS:
- Supervises a diverse team including Lead Hands, molders, assemblers, Q.C. and maintenance personnel to meet business objectives
- Facilitates and supports a culture of accountable performance through collaboration in a safe work environment
- Works with Lead Hands to support and expedite production in molding and assembly
- Communicates important information and regular updates to team at daily DMP meetings, town hall meetings, and one on one follow up
- Ensures effective employee relations by providing employee coaching and development. Manages employee issues through conflict resolution.
- Provides input in recommending/selecting trainers, hiring potential employees, and administering disciplinary actions.
- Manages shift priorities and performance measures. Provides regular progress updates to Production Manager.
- Administers Time & Attendance by verifying that time is entered daily, and approving and signing off time for all production staff on team
- Participates in employee performance evaluations and performance management.
- Conducts regular meeting with Lead Hands to review monthly goals and discuss areas of focus based on production demands, KPIs and organizational needs
- · Supervises production of molding and assembly through understanding of procedures, processes, equipment and product
- Balances and reports quality, productivity, costs, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to improve in all areas.
- Maintains communication with Lead Hands and Q.C. with respect to production status, including issues, resolutions and opportunities to ensure a continuous flow of information in support of production
- Ensures accurate and complete collection of production documentation and data
- Monitors inventory of tools and consumables. Generates purchase requisitions for any needed tools or consumable items for production.
- Promotes safe working habits and maintain good housekeeping 5S to ensure a safe and clean working environment for all employees.
- Participates in the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Conducts Active Safety Acknowledgment conversations with employees to spread safety message
- Leads safety investigations for incidents that occur under supervised area
- Assigns and completes corrective actions as they are generated from workplace inspections, safety incidents, or any other reporting system.
- Reviews incidents with team members at DMP
- Helps facilitate the safety corner
- Trains employees on use of incident reporting database, enters incidents, observations, near misses etc.
- Supervises employees by checking product to maintain a high standard of quality and quantity. Ensure compliance of technical procedures.
- Promotes, manages, and actively participates in the implementation of ShawCor Manufacturing System (SMS) programs.
- Participates in for the development and implementation of SOP and HAA’s throughout the manufacturing facility
- Help facilitate and carry out manufacturing trials for development of new products or improvements of current products
- Troubleshoots production issues as they arise and assists multiple departments
- Leads improvement projects with team members
- Other projects and duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Exceptional people skills
- A fundamental belief in the concepts of communication and team work
- The incumbent must have specialized knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Ability to evaluate personnel issues and determine amount of supervision necessary for employees
- Proven ability to lead people and achieve results through others
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment / Lean principles an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $46,172.25 – $81,731.94 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Williamsport, MD 21795: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in