Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Timber Automation & they are Hiring Candidates for Product Engineer I
Company Name : Timber Automation
Company Location : Hot Springs, AR 71913
Job Position : Product Engineer I
Job Category : Jobs in Arkansas
Job Description :
Timber Automation North America (Timber NA), in Hot Springs, AR is a leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment and systems for the forest products and biomass industries. Timber NA manufactures and supplies blue chip customers and independent sawmills with custom engineered equipment and control systems that maximize lumber yield and reduce labor costs. Timber NA also manufactures machinery for sawmill log yards, engineered wood product plants, pulp and paper plants, chip mills and pellet mills.
The Product Engineer I works with more senior and chief engineers, manufacturing, purchasing and customers to perform designer duties, including but not limited to, creation and modification of 3D models and drawings for projects, using Autodesk Inventor and/or Solidworks, and AutoCAD software, while adhering to and creating standard procedures for CAD processes / data management. The Product Engineer I works more independently than CADD technicians, by performing calculations and using engineering judgment for design criteria and component selection, while consulting with more senior engineers for approval.
The successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, team player with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, who is able to work independently with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time for multiple or multi-faceted projects in fast-paced, time constrained environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs duties with general supervision for assigned work. Requires from 100%-50% of information to be supplied by Chief or Project Engineer to complete primarily simple to some moderate units.
- Determine & preserve design specifications needed to meet stakeholder requirements
- Prepare 3D models in Autodesk Inventor and/or Solidworks for equipment such as trimmers, stackers, sorters, conveyers, positioners, scanners, etc. according to industry, customer and ANSI/ASME standards
- Prepare accurate Autodesk Inventor / Solidworks detailed drawings for component fabrication, purchased components, assembly, customer installation and other as required
- Generate Bill of Materials and other documents as needed
- Revise and update existing drawings as needed
- Maintain project design & engineering information in an organized manner and per TimberNA standards
- Adhere to design and engineering policies and standards as required by project and department
- Attend / Lead Project and Design review meetings as required
- Research, select, and order purchased components as required
- Other duties as required by Engineering Manager
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BSME or BSMET from engineering accredited university, or will consider equivalent experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Preferred: 3000 hours Inventor/Solidworks 3D modeling, Drawing and Dimensioning, 1000 hours of Inventor/Solidworks sheet metal, 1000 hours of AutoCAD 2D drawings or equivalent CADD experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Must be detail oriented and technically adept
- Mechanical aptitude for common machinery
- Specify appropriate fits and tolerances according to manufacturing processes and/or design requirements (i.e. bearing clearances, press fits, bolt/screw clearances, etc.)
- Calculate dimensional and tolerance stack-up analyses and apply results as needed
- Understands and applies order of operations knowledge to produce manufacturing friendly products
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office
- Proficient use of Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry
- Able to concentrate for extended periods of time, while paying close attention to detail
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Calculate drive ratios, sizing reducers and horsepower requirements
- Working knowledge of strength of materials (steel structures & stiffening methods)
- Familiarity with determining bearing loads
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic design and plumbing
- Knowledge of limit switches and photo eyes
- Proficiency with FEA package for structural and modal analyses
- Computer programming using C, C+, C++, Visual Basic or similar
This position is an office environment located in Hot Springs, Arkansas. There may be occasional visits to customer sites and manufacturing floor, where dust and noise may be present, requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (steel toed shoes, eye, and ear protection). The full-time position requires successful completion of Pre-Employment drug and background screening.
Timber Automation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS related), or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. In addition, Timber Automation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. Timber Automation takes allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in