Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Oregon Youth Authority & they are Hiring Candidates for Principal IT Support Specialist
Company Name : Oregon Youth Authority
Company Location : Salem, OR 97301
Job Position : Principal IT Support Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
*We do not accept applications, resumes, and/or cover letters on Indeed. Please apply on the State of Oregon job site : https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/details/PRINCIPAL-IT-SUPPORT-SPECIALIST_REQ-112565?hiringCompany=47688ccd4cac014ba4315a9ec2230932
Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is currently seeking an Information Systems Specialist 4 – Principal IT Support Specialist to join a great team of professionals at our Central Office located at the Equitable Building in Salem, Oregon. As the new Principal IT Support Specialist you will be accountable for ensuring continuity of computer system services for computer users by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and coordination necessary to install computer software products, video conference unit systems, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems for the 1,000+ users located throughout the state of Oregon. The responsibilities of this position will vary depending on the daily workload and current projects.
- Provides technical support by telephone, remote technology, and on-site to computer users statewide.
- Investigate and diagnose computer-related problems reported by division staff across the state.
- Analyzes system performance, error codes, diagnostic messages and resolves problems or conflicts.
- Performance analysis is conducted regularly on PC’s and to determine system performance levels.
- Configures client software, i.e. ODBC drivers, Outlook and Exchange email access, protocols, adapters, and TN3270 host emulation.
- Creates, maintains, and administers user logins to all OYA systems.
- Assists in educating users on the desktop system best practices, application, and operating system functions.
- Communicate major data system changes after determining programmatic impacts and establishing plans to coordinate any needed training or informational material.
- Hardware/software vendors are contacted not only in the arena for new products but also a prime source of information on better utilization of current hardware and software.
- Resolves intrusion, hacking, or virus incidents on user devices, this includes performing operating system and application patch management.
- Plan division data system needs for PC and network development.
- Image new computers and reimage computers as needed according to unit standards and specifications.
- Coordinate with business units to implement desktop systems that utilize industry best practices to meet Agency objectives.
- Deploy and integration of PC, laptops, video conference systems, and peripherals to a localized user base.
- Office environment – Majority of the time spent at a monitor, other computer equipment, or telephone.
- Travel to field offices by car as required. Field office visits may require overnight accommodations based on location and level of duties performed.
- Open Until Filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for November 29, 2022 at 8:30am, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Location: This position is located at the Central Office in Salem but will occasionally assist and provide backup support to other remote sites within Oregon.
- This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU). By joining and maintaining your membership with SEIU Local 503, the following benefits are available to you such as:
- $2,500 life insurance policy paid for by your union, SEIU Local 503. This policy is in effect if you are an active member.
- Up to $200,000 of additional life insurance can be purchased. Up to $100,000 member life, $40,000 spouse and $10,000 child is guaranteed within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Short Term Disability insurance is guaranteed if purchased within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Legal insurance enrollment is available to purchase within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Tuition reimbursement.
For more information on SEIU, please click here.
At OYA, diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than just words on a page. To meet our mission and live our values as an agency, DEI must be at the heart of all we do. We support cultural competence, develop teams and cultivate leaders in ways that are equitable to everyone, especially people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, or those from other marginalized communities. We are explicit and intentional as we identify resources that all our youth and staff need to grow and prosper. Our DEI work connects closely with our culture of positive human development, with safe and supportive environments where everyone is held accountable and connected to their community. The end goal is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe environments.
People of color, women, and other members of historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Please take a moment to watch this quick video about Oregon Youth Authority, our team and our culture bit.ly/work4OYA. For more information please visit www.oregon.gov/oya.
What’s in it for You?
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the workplace is as valuable as it is inside the workplace. We offer a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules on most positions and a competitive benefits package, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance, generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan.
Discover more about working in Oregon state government by clicking here.
What We Are Looking For:
(a) Three (3) years of information systems experience in information systems support;
(b) An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field;
one (1) year of information systems experience in information systems support;
- Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
- Current certification in CompTIA A+ or pass certification exam within 6 months of hire date (OYA will pay for training and certification exam).
- Current certification in CompTIA Network+ or pass certification exam within 6 months of hire date (OYA will pay for training and certification exam);
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations or pass certification exam within 12 months of hire date (OYA will pay for training and certification exam).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective team participation skills.
- Effective training in new technology to end-users.
- Values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts and working with diverse populations.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below as part of final scoring to advance those that qualify to the interview portion.
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft 365
- Experience with imaging computers via SCCM
- Experience with ITIL framework and ITSM
- Experience with Active Directory administration
How to apply:
Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process. You cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- If you are applying internally, through your employee Workday profile, complete the application with current and relevant work history. We will not accept an attached resume in place of a completed application. Don’t attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
- If you are applying through the external job site, complete the application with current and relevant work history. You may drag and drop your resume and the system will parse your information into the application. We will not accept an attached resume in place of a completed application. Don’t attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
- Complete questionnaire.
- After you submit your application, be sure to respond to the public records request authorization. This screen will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the PRR task will come to your Workday inbox.
- If you are a veteran, you may receive preference. Click here for more information about veterans’ preference. The task to claim preference will come after the public records request and gender identity questionnaire tasks. Click herefor a guide on how to upload your documents. For privacy reasons, please do not attach your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your application or combine it with any other required document attachments.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we are here to serve. OYA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be individualized based on merit, competence, performance, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.” The more diverse we are, the better our work will be.
Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. For assistance regarding reasonable accommodation or for alternative format please contact OYA Recruitment at 971-345-1236. Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $4,968.00 – $7,513.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in