Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Allegheny County Pennsylvania & they are Hiring Candidates for Plumbing Inspector
Company Name : Allegheny County Pennsylvania
Company Location : Allegheny County, PA
Job Position : Plumbing Inspector
Job Category : Jobs in Pennsylvania
Job Description :
How to Apply:
Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Must have or had permanent status as Allegheny County Health Department Plumbing Inspector;
Must possess a current Journeyman Plumber License and have professional plumbing experience with commercial and/or residential plumbing installations.
Must pass a computer literacy examination administered by the Allegheny County Health Department with a score of 75% or higher.
Must pass a pre-employment examination administered by the Allegheny County Health Department with a score of 75% or higher.
Full-time, entry level position.
Necessary Special Requirement
As part of the conditional offer of employment, prior to your start date, you must provide a copy of your International Code Council Certification as a Commercial Plumbing Inspector, as required under the provisions of the Pennsylvania Construction Code Act (Act 45 of 1999). Otherwise, you will be deemed ineligible and the conditional offer will be rescinded.
“In accordance with Allegheny County Health Department Rules and Regulations, Article XV, Plumbing and Building Drainage, Chapter 1, Section 1, Paragraph AC-103.5 states “No person appointed Chief Plumbing Inspector, Assistant Chief Plumbing Inspector, Supervisor or Inspector shall directly or indirectly be engaged in business or work regulated by the Article during their employment with the Department.”
Possession of a valid automobile operator’s license and the use of an automobile during work hours. You must be able to provide your own transportation to and from the various worksites throughout Allegheny County. You will be required to travel.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position. If hired, employee is required to move into Allegheny County within one year of employment.
Minimum requirements and computer literacy exam – 60%
Relevant Skills and Certifications – 15%
Written Examination – 25%
Scope of the Examination
Computer Literacy Exam – Measures basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and typing.
Relevant Skills and Certifications – microbiology lab skills and relevant certifications.
Written – Measures the knowledge and abilities related to the duties and responsibilities of a position in this class. A qualifying score will be established on the written test.
Computer Literacy Examination
In order to be considered for this position, you must take and pass the Computer Literacy Examination. Please visit the eSkill website to take the examination.
In order to be considered for this position, you must take and pass the pre-employment examination. Please visit the eskill website to take the examination.
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Requirement
In accordance with Allegheny County policy, all prospective external applicants and re-hires who have received a written conditional offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen within 48 hours of the acceptance of the conditional offer.
No applicant may begin employment until the drug test results are received by Allegheny County, and the applicant has been made a final offer of employment pursuant to meeting all hiring considerations.
Allegheny County reserves the right to revoke a conditional offer of employment for any valid, nondiscriminatory reason.
This is field work inspecting plumbing and building drainage installations.
An employee in this class is responsible for inspecting and testing plumbing and building drainage installations to enforce compliance with codes and regulations for the protection of the public against the hazards of unsanitary conditions caused by inferior material and poor workmanship in plumbing systems. Employees perform work in the field under general supervision and are required to carry all assignments through to completion independently. Work is reviewed by a Plumbing Inspector Supervisor and Plumbing management through oral and written reports and re-inspections.
- Inspects and tests installation and repair of plumbing and building drainage systems to enforce compliance with codes and regulations.
- Tests waste lines to ascertain that joints are tight, and drains are properly trapped and vented.
- Investigates complaints involving illegal plumbing practices.
- Discusses installations with contractors, architects, engineers, property owners and other interested parties.
- Explains and interprets codes, regulations and standards.
- Prepares reports of inspections performed covering conditions found, action taken and recommendations.
- Responds to emergencies as assigned.
- Performs related work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of:
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices and standards involved in installing, repairing and maintaining a variety of plumbing and building drainage systems and installations, equipment and appliances.
- Considerable knowledge of possible defects and faults in systems, workmanship and standard testing devices.
- Considerable knowledge of the code and regulations governing plumbing and building drainage systems and installations.
- Ability to detect, locate and make recommendations concerning the elimination of defective plumbing and building drainage systems and installation.
- Ability to read and interpret plumbing and building drainage construction plans, specifications and to recognize deviations from such plans in the construction and repair process.
- Ability to enforce codes and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with plumbers, contractors, architects, engineers, property owners and the public.
- Ability to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to use computers and associated software is required.
Residency: Allegheny County within 1 year.
Veterans’ Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in