Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Pieper Veterinary & they are Hiring Candidates for Overnight Veterinary Assistant – ER
Company Name : Pieper Veterinary
Company Location : Middletown, CT
Job Position : Overnight Veterinary Assistant – ER
Job Category : Jobs in Connecticut
Job Description :
With roots in the local community dating back to 1933, Pieper Veterinary was originally established as a mixed animal practice by Dr. Niel Pieper, with the goal of providing the highest standard of care to both patients and clients.
This family practice has grown to one of the most prominent practices in CT by promoting from within. Hard work and talent are recognized here! We are also very proud to be a VECCS Level I certified emergency & critical care facility.
We recognize that being part of an Emergency Care team, especially an overnight shift, is something that fits a select group of people. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenges that an ER environment has to offer.
Pay: $19 – $23.75 / hr. depending on level of experience, education and certifications.
The Veterinary Assistant supports the veterinarians, veterinary technicians and receptionists in all duties of the hospital and ensures a comfortable and sanitary environment for all patients at Pieper Veterinary. The responsibilities vary with current needs of the hospital team, the season of the year, and the individual abilities demonstrated by the employee.
Some of the Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure a comfortable and sanitary environment for all patients.
- Responsible for care of boarding and hospitalized patients including keeping all wards and kennels properly cleaned and disinfected, exercising, feeding, laundry, bathing and dipping procedures and keeping patients clean.
- General cleaning of public and employee areas and building and yard maintenance to maintain clean, odor-free, and attractive environment. Housekeeping and laundry duties for all areas.
- Clean exams rooms after each visit and preparing for the next client and patient. Ensure supplies are always available and adequately stocked in exam rooms and treatment room.
- Prepare and sanitize surgery suites. Clean and maintain holding areas.
- Properly and safely restrain patients, reliably and with compassion to prepare for procedures performed by technicians and/or doctors. Is conscious of patient comfort needs.
- Observe patients throughout the day for signs of illness, parasites and disease control, assessment of change in patient status. Report any abnormalities or concerns to the veterinarian in charge.
- Communicate with pet owners using a professional, cheerful, and helpful attitude, using knowledge of preventative health care recommendations to accurately answer questions and relay doctor s information.
- Assist receptionists with out-patients, boarding and hospitalized patients from admission to discharge.
- Perform simple in-house laboratory tests, complete forms for out sourced laboratory tests, accurately file laboratory reports and clean up laboratory area. Set up and read fecal under the microscope and look for parasites; read blood work under microscope.
- Under direction of veterinarian, administer oral medications.
- Assist with nail trimming, ear cleaning, client education, filling prescriptions and computer transaction entry during office hours or treatment times.
- Unpack, label and stock hospital supplies; stock cleaning and office supplies, stock kennel supplies. Ensure that supplies for cleaning, animal food, paper towels, etc. are current.
- Prep patients for surgery, assist when needed.
- Assist with the operation of the anesthesia machine and other applicable equipment.
- Assist in radiology.
- Prepare surgery packs and cutting surgery drapes.
- Clean and autoclave syringes, needles and other surgical instruments. Thoroughly clean autoclave per hospital schedule.
- Assist the Veterinary Technician, who is responsible for dental cleanings, during dental cleanings.
- Feed, exercise and groom patients.
- Educate clients on products and medications sold including dietary products and answer questions regarding product purchase/use.
- Paid time off
- Referral bonuses
- Insurance: health, dental, vision, and disability
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous employee pet discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual uniform allowance
- Comprehensive one-on-one client service classes and hands-on training
- Continuous learning via in-house training seminars and reference material
- Employee appreciation events and activities
- Many opportunities for internal transfer and promotion
Among our many great benefits is our culture of promoting from within. As a large practice, we have opportunities for growth and promotion that other hospitals are unable to offer.
Pieper Veterinary considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Pieper Veterinary discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in