Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Sojourner House, Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Office Coordinator
Company Name : Sojourner House, Inc.
Company Location : Providence, RI 02908
Job Position : Office Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in Rhode Island
Job Description :
Job Title: Office Coordinator
Job Location: Sojourner House Drop-In Center (Providence)
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Position: Full-time, Monday — Friday
Salary: $22 to $25 an hour, commensurate with experience. Eligible for employee benefits, including accrued vacation/sick/personal time, paid holidays, health/dental insurance, life insurance, LTD, an Employee Assistance Program, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions.
ABOUT US: Sojourner House (www.sojournerri.org) is a comprehensive domestic violence and sexual assault agency that provides residential, educational, and community-based interventions to families and individuals impacted by abuse. We have offices in Providence and Woonsocket, and programs that operate statewide. Our goal is to help our clients rebuild their lives, piece by piece, through a variety of services. All of our programs work from the premise that violence is an unacceptable means to solving interpersonal conflict, and we encourage only non-violent methods of working out conflicts.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Coordinator will be based out of the Providence Drop-In Center, but their primary responsibility is to provide support to all physical offices of the agency, including three offices in Providence and two in northern Rhode Island. This is a fully in-person role, the Office Coordinator is expected to work on-site. The Office Coordinator will work with all levels of staff members and oversee administrative duties to ensure that the organization’s offices are operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Manage office supplies inventory; collect bids as necessary for vendor services, and place orders as needed;
- Provide back-up help to the Receptionist by answering phone calls and greeting visitors as needed;
- Work with the HR dept to assist with implementing office policies and procedures;
- Assist with office layout planning, office moves, and helping new employees get situated in their new working environment;
- Serve as the point of contact for office equipment inventory and technology needs, and work with external IT consultants to troubleshoot technology issues. Arrange for service calls with telecommunications companies and other tech vendors as necessary;
- Work with the Buildings & Grounds Manager to arrange for external maintenance calls as needed;
- Serve as a resource for staff members and direct their inquiries and requests to the appropriate person or department;
- Identify new opportunities for process and office management improvements, and implement such processes;
- Assist with organizing donations and distribute them to other Sojourner House locations as needed;
- Provide other administrative support as necessary to the senior management team, including scheduling group meetings, preparing correspondence, and creating reports;
- Process and distribute the agency’s daily mail;
- Maintain accurate records of donors and assist with regular correspondence to donors, including writing or printing correspondence for donors;
- Assist with mass mailing activities for fundraising campaigns;
- Make photocopies, scan documents, and mail items as needed;
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements in coordination with the finance office;
- Make necessary travel arrangements for work-related travel, and complete registration processes for work-related trainings and conferences;
- Assist with maintaining accurate client files for certain programs, ensuring that paperwork is stored in the appropriate location;
- Provide administrative support to the HR Department including:
- Assist with recruitment and interview process, track the status of candidates, scheduling interviews, follow-up communication with candidates and hiring teams
- Support the new hire on-boarding process, prepare new hire packets, collect and process tax forms and benefits enrollments, files documents into appropriate employee files
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating staff training events
- Other related duties as assigned or requested by Sojourner House management.
- Candidates must have impeccable organization skills.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience interacting with staff and the general public in a professional, courteous, and customer-service-oriented manner.
- Candidates must be able to respond to large amounts of email correspondence in a timely and organized manner.
- Candidates must be able to perform tasks with a very high degree of accuracy with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstratedprevious experience with administrative work in an office setting
- Comfort and familiarity with speaking on the phone
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse populations
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, responding to requests in a timely manner, and staying flexible with a rapidly changing environment.
- Computer skills: knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, database management, and Excel
- Knowledge of office systems and processes
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Applicants must be able to successfully complete a background criminal investigation check.
COVID Policy Notice: Sojourner House has mandated that its employees obtain a COVID-19 vaccine. Eligible employees may request an exemption from this policy for medical or religious accommodation reasons by working with our Human Resources Department.
Please forward a resume, 2-3 professional references, and a cover letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job (be sure to explain what previous administrative experience you have) and to resumes @ sojournerri.org with the subject line “Office Coordinator”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early submissions are encouraged.
Sojourner House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To learn more about Sojourner House’s work, please visit: www.sojournerri.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office or Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in