Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Denver Public Schools & they are Hiring Candidates for Nurse Consultant
Company Name : Denver Public Schools
Company Location : Denver, CO 80223
Job Position : Nurse Consultant
Job Category : Jobs in Colorado
Job Description :
Job Title: Nurse Consultant
Department: Extended Learning and Community Schools
Location: 1617 S. Acoma St., Denver, CO. 80223
Area: Northeast: Northwest: Southeast: Southwest (Travel required throughout district)
FTE: 30 – 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday
Salary Range: $34.321 – $39.802 per hour or $64,525 – $74,827
Highlights: Benefits available for those working 20+ hrs/wk
Make a difference in the lives of students by joining our team and supporting the DPS vision, Every Child Succeeds.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
To enhance participation in the DPS Extended Learning Programs for students by the modification or removal of health-related barriers to participation and by promotion of an optimal level of wellness.
- Implements a data management system which facilitates continuity of health care for DPS Extended Learning Program participants and provides information to evaluate and monitor the entire program.
- Collaborates with DPS Extended Learning staff, school nurse, and other health care staff at programs sites to maintain and promote a safe and healthy environment.
- Provides medical delegation to DPS Extended Learning staff, and participates in their on-going training of medication delivery.
- Establishes procedures for and/or provides for emergency care and management of illnesses and injuries in DPS Extended Learning school programs.
- Trains and educates program personnel in department policies, related District policies, and state laws to follow when dealing with pupils who are dangerous to self or others; interpretation; interventions; accommodations for students with special needs and students with Individualized Education IEP accommodation needs; and immunization tracking, use of medication, First Aid training and coordination, and more.
- Provides health education to promote healthy lifestyles of program participants, Extended Learning staff and parents through individual participant conferences, program presentations, field trips, group discussions and program newsletters.
- Establishes and maintains an environment representing quality nursing practices.
- Works with Extended Learning and community agencies to plan and share resources and foster community health education and local health projects.
- Contributes to the improvement of nursing services and educational programs through research, evaluation and professional continuing education related to nursing/primary care health programs.
- Implements the nursing process which includes individualized health plans developed by the Extended Learning nurse, including assessment and evaluation of total health and developmental status of each pupil with a chronic health condition.
- Following District, department and licensing protocol, delivers primary care by assessing and treating minor acute illness and stable chronic illness and referring major acute illness outside scope of protocols.
- Works collaboratively with health care technician, physician, nurse practitioner child health associate, drug and alcohol counselor, and mental health therapist as well as multidisciplinary school staff to provide adequate assessment, treatment and health referrals for program participants as needed.
- Counsels with Extended Learning Department, Nursing and Student Health Services, host school staff, and health care personnel regarding the health and adaptations needed for individual program participants to have the best program experience.
- Participates as a team member in the formulation of overall goals, plans and decisions to meet the health and safety needs of students enrolled in Extended Learning programs.
- Interprets health needs of students to parents and acts as liaison between Extended Learning, host school, and health care resources; and collaborates with Extended Learning Department for employee screenings and referral of workman’s compensation injuries.
Licensure & Certification:
- Professional Special Services Provider License with endorsement as a School Nurse, Colorado Department of Education; baccalaureate degree from approved school of nursing.
- Current certificate for BLS instructor (or willingness to obtain within 2mos. of hire) renewed as required.
- Current Qualistar medication trainer certificate (or willingness to obtain within 2mos. of hire).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master’s degree is preferred
About Denver Public Schools:
The Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools supports and strengthens DPS students, families, schools and communities by delivering and facilitating high-quality programs and services that extend beyond the traditional school experience. This includes out-of-school-time programs and volunteer and community partnership services. This work creates safe environments where students and families gain the tools, resources and social competencies they need to achieve success.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,525.00 – $74,827.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Nursing License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in