Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Williams International & they are Hiring Candidates for Metallurgical Lab Technician
Company Name : Williams International
Company Location : Ogden, UT 84405
Job Position : Metallurgical Lab Technician
Job Category : Jobs in Utah
Job Description :
Who We Are
Williams International is a privately-owned company that develops and manufactures jet engines for both military and commercial aircraft applications. We are a company of creators who deliver pioneering ideas and technologies that lead the aerospace industry. Our culture fosters creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning to position our team members to inspire each other and provide quality products and supporting services that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Williams International has an exciting opportunity for a Metallurgical Lab Technician to join our team.
The Metallurgical Lab Technician will have responsibility to:
1. Use metallography techniques to evaluate plasma spray coatings, laser welds, electron beam welds, inertia welds, TIG welds, energy dispersive machining, single crystal, braze joints, carburized and nitrided surfaces, carbon fiber/epoxy composites, shot peen, and various coatings to monitor processes and ensure that parts meet blueprint and specification requirements.
2. Utilize energy dispersive spectroscopy with a scanning electron microscope to qualitatively and quantitatively analyze oil filter debris as well as perform materials analysis investigations.
3. Perform monthly distillations to verify that Zyglo ZL-67 penetrant water content is within acceptable limits per ASTM D 95.
4. Titrate Lenium ES vapor degreasing solvent on a weekly basis and recommend booster additions as needed.
5. Operate an Instron tester to perform uniaxial tensile or compressive testing to determine mechanical properties of materials.
6. Utilize microhardness tester to perform hardness depth profiles via Knoop and Vickers Indenter types.
7. Perform Rockwell Standard and Superficial hardness testing on heat treated hardware to verify material acceptance.
8. Must be capable of operating typical metallurgical equipment including, but not limited to, hardness testing, micro-hardness testing, metallurgical sample preparation, scanning electron microscope, metallurgical microscope.
High School or GED and a minimum of six months of directly related experience. Direct experience in braze and component assembly is preferred. Effective interaction with team members, customers and all levels of management. Reads, understands and correctly interprets basic blueprint drawings.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
(Note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
- Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
- Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company’s Quality Policy.
Williams International is a Drug Free Workplace where all new team members and contractors are subject to pre-employment drug testing for the following controlled substances: marijuana, cocaine, PCP, amphetamines, opioids and alcohol as policy dictates.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required. Position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance, if needed. Candidates selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For more information on Security Clearances, please visit: U. S. Department of State
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ogden, UT 84401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- MATLAB: 1 year (Preferred)
- metallurgical lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dimensional inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
- weld inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
- braze weld: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in