Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute & they are Hiring Candidates for Medical Technologist
Company Name : Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute
Company Location : Fort Myers, FL 33916
Job Position : Medical Technologist
Job Category : Jobs in Florida
Job Description :
**Monday – Saturday**
600am – 230pm
$10 differential for hours worked on Saturday
Doesn’t have to work on holidays
- Responsible for laboratory testing, quality control, phlebotomy, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Serves as technical resource to Medical Assistants.
- May assist physicians with medical procedures in office.
- Education: A.A. or A.S. degree and Technician License in state of required.
- National lab certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in the healthcare field, preferably in a clinical setting is required.
- BLS certification preferred.
- Responsibilities: Responsible for performing proper quality control procedures before proceeding with patient testing.
- Ensure that proper documentation including test report logs, quality control logs, equipment records, and all lab procedure and training checklists are completed on the correct time schedule.
- Will be responsible to ensure this is performed in assigned lab.
- Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Place order with purchasing as needed.
- Perform technical laboratory procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standard of all accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Will follow the Company’s patient I.D. policy and procedure with every patient encounter.
- Perform instrument maintenance at the required times and as needed.
- Initiate troubleshooting procedures when instrument malfunction occurs and contacts instrument service company if necessary.
- Draw blood for lab work. Prepare slides for evaluation.
- Obtain vital signs, height, and weight of patient as requested by physician and document in the patient’s EMR.
- Place patient in exam room and prepare for physician in a timely manner.
- Receive lab reports via the telephone or fax and document in the patient’s EMR.
- Notify physician of critical lab results according to guidelines.
- Documentation: Thorough documentation in the medical record of testing/treatment rendered to patients.
- Comply with established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory and equipment.
- Complete any and all duties required to keep laboratory in compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Must be able to perform compliance testing.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all patient and employee information at all times.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to patient care, patient’s rights, safety, billing, and collections.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures, including IT policies and procedures and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Must maintain FL MLT license and required CEUs.
- Assist in training new employees to related job duties.
- Will be expected to work at any Company location to help meet the Company’s business needs.
- Will be expected to work overtime when given sufficient notice of required overtime.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1,601.10 – $2,299.80 per week
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Myers, FL 33916: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNA (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Medical Technologist (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in