Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Helena Industries, LLC & they are Hiring Candidates for Master Planner Buyer
Company Name : Helena Industries, LLC
Company Location : Des Moines, IA 50317
Job Position : Master Planner Buyer
Job Category : Jobs in Iowa
Job Description :
The Master Planner/Buyer manages activities associated with establishing production schedules and ensures that actual production meets scheduled requirements.
The employee’s primary duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of Helena or Helena’s customers. This also includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
What your day may look like
- Develops the plant production schedule for all areas of the plant with the intent to optimize plant asset utilization, plant labor leveling and customer demands across a seasonal production schedule.
- Coordinates the procurement of all raw materials, packaging, labels and active ingredients for the “just-in-time” production process.
- Makes adjustments to delivery of incoming goods to the plant in accordance with production process delays or advances in accordance to available storage space and reduction of demurrage cost.
- Coordinates directly with all customers and area managers to manage line time.
- Manages production schedules to meet customer demands within a specific time frame ensuring product availability for the season in the field.
- Coordinates purchases to make the best economical decision for the company by weighing inventory carrying cost, warehousing cost, volume price breaks, transportation costs, plant handling costs, market projections and plant asset availability.
- Issues purchase orders in accordance with contracts.
- Manages purchase order variances within the OPM system with the plant cost accounting department.
- Establishes “Trusted Resource” brand with customers and represent RAPIDS core values.
- Coordinates all necessary information needed to launch new products.
- Manages and distributes product launch information to internal teams and works with the lab to set up all new formulas and recipes within the OPM system prior to product procurement.
- Maintains a clean work environment both inside and outside the facility by using good housekeeping habits.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Education and experience needed for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or supply chain management or five years of work experience in a supply chain or production environment is required.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Computer skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of ASCP planning in Oracle.
- Communication skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing schedule.
- Available to work rotating shifts as scheduled.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
There are potential hazards associated with any chemical manufacturing business but at Helena Industries safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures including engineered solutions and personal protective equipment and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could potentially be harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position is that of a typical plant environment where the noise level is usually moderate to loud. In this position, you will regularly work near moving equipment/mechanical parts and could be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Lab and office positions at the plant would only have occasional exposure if they must go out into the plant.
Who we are
Helena Industries has provided formulations and packaging solutions for companies around the world for over 60 years. As one of the largest chemical toll manufacturer’s and service companies in the U.S., we set the bar for the industry in ensuring the safety of our clients’ technology, brand and assets with integrity and pride.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their leader and team.
Our family-like culture is centered on our employees who embody our core values which we refer to as R.A.P.I.D.S. – Responsive, Attitude, Proactive, Integrity, Dependability and Safety. At Helena Industries, you will find transparent and open communication. We care about our employees and value their opinions. We appreciate that our employees want to understand their contribution to the company’s mission, that they take ownership of their responsibilities and then are trusted to perform.
At Helena Industries, you will find recognition for hard work and positive reinforcement through excellent benefits, competitive pay and daily workplace interactions.
Helena’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at helenaindustries.com/careers.
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in