Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Bear Valley Electric Service, Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Lineman
Company Name : Bear Valley Electric Service, Inc.
Company Location : Big Bear City, CA
Job Position : Lineman
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities
are encouraged to apply.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES RESIDENCY IN OUR SERVICE AREA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision perform skilled tasks in accordance with standard trade practices in the construction, maintenance and repair of overhead/underground electric transmission, distribution and substation systems and do related work as required.
- Construct, maintain and repair overhead/underground electrical distribution, transmission and substation systems including such things as stringing of wire, setting poles and anchors, installing street lights, capacitor banks, transformers, cutouts, crossarms and insulators under all weather conditions and at all hours of day or night.
- Install, maintain and repair energized transmission/distribution lines, performing live line work on energized 34.5 Kv lines and equipment and rubber glove energized 4 Kv lines and equipment.
- Perform transmission, distribution and substation line switching, sectionalizing and fusing on a routine and emergency basis..
- Assist in conducting voltage and load surveys.
- Assume rotational on call duties, and participate in planned and emergency overtime as required.
- May perform any other duties not listed but within the limits of good safe working practices and the job classification.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified completion of a union or company recognized lineman apprenticeship training program.
- Past experience in climbing wooden power poles and working on high voltage power lines.
- Must possess or obtain within 6 months a valid Class A California Drivers License.
- Knowledge of basic principles of electricity, current theory mathematics, G.O. 95 and 128 and all applicable codes, accident prevention orders and ordinances.
- Knowledge of methods, material and tools used in the construction, maintenance and repair of an overhead/underground transmission, distribution and substation electrical system.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
The responsibilities of this position will involve access to information that may be considered confidential, private and sensitive. Therefore, the individual filling this position will be required to both allow and pass a background check.
May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in