Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Cable Communication Services, LLC & they are Hiring Candidates for Journeyman Lineman/Foreman
Company Name : Cable Communication Services, LLC
Company Location : Rapid City, SD
Job Position : Journeyman Lineman/Foreman
Job Category : Jobs in South Dakota
Job Description :
This is a 100% traveling position. If the job location lists Black Hawk, South Dakota – this position may be placed on any of our jobs throughout the Midwest region.
Cable Communication Services, LLC, a Quanta Services Company, is an underground and overhead utility company with over 20 years of experience in installing various utilities throughout the Midwest.
- Overhead and underground Distribution power.
- Overhead and underground Telecom.
- Underground Distribution Gas.
Journeyman lineman will be expected to build, maintain, and repair overhead and underground distribution powerlines using approved standards under the direction of the Crew Foreman. Responsible for safe operation of equipment and operations on digger trucks (line trucks) and bucket trucks to construct and maintain electrical systems of de-energized or energized overhead and underground distribution lines.
Responsibilities and duties:
Perform duties necessary to complete assigned task under the direct supervision of Project Supervisor. Employee should keep all materials, tools and equipment in an orderly fashion and always maintain a clean work area and demonstrate safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment. Clearly understand and comply with Cable Communication Services and Federal Job Safety Requirements. (O.S.H.A.) Must be able to report to assigned job site location on time as directed. This position is expected to lead in the crew Foreman’s absence and assists in training apprentice line workers.
Qualifications and education requirements:
- High school Graduate, Holder of G.E.D., or equivalent studies/ experience.
- Has worked in the line industry as an apprentice line worker for at least 4 years
- Able to conduct a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) as required
- Experience in grounding conductor and setting up an Equipotential Work zone
- Ability to interpret maps, specifications, staking sheet, and complex diagrams
- Good judgement, safe work methods, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Ability to quickly learn functions of the jobs.
- Accurately read labels, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals and written instructions.
- Job may require working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Job may require operation of equipment in all elements without climate control.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities. (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires employee to have always required hand tools with them while at work site. (Waist tool belts can weigh up to 40 lbs.)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds safely by oneself
- Must always wear personal protective equipment. (i.e., Hard hats, safety glasses, safety harnesses as required).
- Repetitive use of arms, legs, hands, and fingers.
- Ability to work 9 hours per day, 45 hours per week and additional, as required, with little or no advance notice.
Physical requirements – (the employee should be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Ability to lift, by oneself, work- loads of up to 50 lbs.
- Climb structures of all types (wood, tubular steel, lattice steel).
- Possess good vision / hearing. (Normal or corrected).
- Ability to work while constantly moving on one’s feet
- Commercial Driver s License (CDL) required
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Cable Communication Services, LLC does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Apprentice Linework: 4 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in