Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in City of Las Cruces, NM & they are Hiring Candidates for Internal Audit Manager
Company Name : City of Las Cruces, NM
Company Location : Las Cruces, NM 88001
Job Position : Internal Audit Manager
Job Category : Jobs in New Mexico
Job Description :
Plans, manages, and organizes the staff, functions, and activities of the internal audit section; assesses fiscal controls, accuracy of financial records and operations, and assures compliance with rules, regulations and related programs to assure the City is compliant with Federal, state and local policies and regulations.
Work Situation Factors:
Meeting or exceeding the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
FIRST CONSIDERATION MAY BE GIVEN TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES WHO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS.
Full-time, regular, exempt position.
This position is graded RX26.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts internal audits, risk assessments, investigations, technical reviews, and provides consulting services for City operations to establish and maintain internal systems controls and risk mitigation; evaluates compliance to policies, documents findings, and formulates recommendations to correct deficiencies, reduces risks and costs, and improves performance; develops annual audit plans and audit objectives.
- Advises management staff on City policies and procedures to assure compliance with Federal and state requirements and standards; assures the quality of the audit activities and work products to meet established objectives; reviews technical documents to determine accuracy, completeness, and compliance with policies and practices.
- Develops audit scope and objectives; conducts audits consisting of all operational areas including compliance, documentation, and operating practices; audits department records to assure accurate recording of transactions, and compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures and management goals; inspects accounting systems to determine the protective value; assesses the proper accountability of assets.
- Interviews staff, and analyzes the reliability and effectiveness of operational policies and practices; reviews performance measures and reporting methods; analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Documents audit findings; prepares and presents various special and recurring reports for management and staff to make recommendations to correct deficiencies and issues; conducts follow up reviews to assure implementation of recommendations; reviews and approves work papers, reports, and investigative documentation prepared by assigned staff.
- Conducts and directs special studies to analyze compliance, internal control issues, fraud prevention, and allegations of inappropriate activity as needed; maintains and enforces all aspects of confidentiality of City information and financial records.
- Plans and manages work activities of staff; plans, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; monitors work, develops staff skills, and evaluates performance.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field AND five (5) years of professional accounting, risk assessment and analysis, and auditing experience in the public sector. A combination of education, experience, and training may be applied in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
Registration as a Certified Public Accountant with the State of New Mexico or designation as a Certified Internal Auditor is preferred; additional specific technical training and certifications may be required, or preferred. Valid Class D driver’s license may be required or preferred. If applicable, position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policies.
Extensive Knowledge of: Principles and practices of administrative management, including personnel rules, cost accounting, budgeting, strategic planning and effective employee supervision and training; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Principles in Public Sector financial administration; Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards, recommended practices and policies; grant and special fund accounting regulations, procedures, and accountability standards; principles and practices of legal, ethical and professional rules of conduct; applicable state and Federal statutes, rules, codes and regulations; mathematical and statistical models for financial analysis; business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications; City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
Ability to: Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands; interpret a variety of technical instructions and manage abstract and concrete variables; prepare accounting/financial reports; prepare, maintain and analyze accounting information and records; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers and representatives from other local, state and Federal agencies.
Skills in: Reading, interpreting, understanding and applying accounting standards and procedures, applicable Federal rules and regulations, and City policies and procedures; analyzing accounting issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings; assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands; interpreting technical instructions and analyzing complex variables; applying mathematical knowledge to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; composing reports and correspondence independently or from brief instructions; using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; effectively managing and leading staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in