Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Ilisagvik College & they are Hiring Candidates for Information Technology Manager
Company Name : Ilisagvik College
Company Location : Barrow, AK 99723
Job Position : Information Technology Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Alaska
Job Description :
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:30pm – 5:00pm
COMPENSATION: $83,934.09/year + DOE + Benefits, Exempt Position
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Iḷisaġvik College is rooted in the ancestral homeland of the Iñupiat. As an institution, we are “Unapologetically Iñupiaq.” This means exercising the sovereign inherent freedom to educate our community through and supported by our Iñupiaq worldview, values, knowledge, and protocols. The Iñupiaq way of life is woven into our curriculum, programs, activities, and daily interactions within Iḷisaġvik College and our community partners.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for working with, and assisting, the Director of Technology through the management and daily information technology operations that foster excellence in ensuring that employees and students are equipped with the various technology needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of all College data, telecommunications infrastructure, day-to-day operations and user support.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the College’s Information Security Plan.
- Supports the Director of Technology and the Dean of Administration with the overall safety of the College’s network, infrastructure and security systems both internally and externally.
- Maintaining current network documentation.
- Collaborates with the Director of Technology to recommend system software and service vendors for network infrastructure in order to provide the highest level of stability of services to the organization.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director of Technology on how to shape the technology environment to best serve the College’s teaching, service, business and student learning/living needs.
- Evaluates and manages installation of new software releases, system upgrades.
- Maintains and updates network computer systems; evaluates and installs software upgrades and patches, and documents work performed.
- Manages the delivery of IT services and support with strong, effective, organizational and time management skills.
- Supervises and is accountable for the network design, security, documentation and implementation of the network and telecom PBX operations.
- Maintains up to date phone directory and disseminates accordingly.
- Collaborates with the Director of Technology to work with vendors as necessary to bring efficiency and expertise to network systems, telecom and security.
- Manages ongoing upgrades of network servers, enterprise applications and network infrastructure.
- Serves as a technical resource in assessing systems, processes, and projects to ensure compliance requirements and security requirements are met.
- Responsible for staff management to ensure weekly, monthly and annual goals and objective are met.
- Advises the Director of Technology regarding staffing activities and maintains job descriptions for subordinate staff.
- Performs incident escalation management of critical client problems resulting from issues with service delivery.
- Maintains standard operating procedures, conducts regular security/risk assessments and internal security audits to identify gaps between policy, standards and current practices and procedures.
- Interacts effectively in a multicultural environment and engages in Iñupiaq culture activities in the workplace.
- Complies with College policies, procedures and administrative directives, as well as state, federal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 including MS-Visio.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA federal regulations.
- Three plus years of related experience within IT.
- Two years demonstrated professional supervisory experience.
- Experience with current industry technologies, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server operations,
- VoIP telecommunication technologies and the operations and maintenance of VMWare.
- Knowledge of basic SQL operations (database backup and restore), network management systems and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, SSH, SNMP, LAN, WAN etc.), Juniper network core to edge: switches, controllers, as well as firewalls, and VPN solutions.
- Current industry standard certifications such as: MCSE, Juniper, excellent customer service skills (with internal and external entities).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to work directly with customers and vendors to understand and resolve functional/technical issues.
- Excellent leadership skills and proven ability to set direction and define strategy for the Infrastructure organization are needed for the IT Manager position.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Experience providing on call networking and computer services.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and travel periodically.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: post-secondary educational systems, North Slope Borough [NSB] institutions and organizations; Iñupiat culture, language, values, and traditions.
- Ability to interpret and represent North Slope community values, customs, and beliefs for the College.
- Ability to interpret and represent College actions and western institutions to the North Slope community.
- Ability to support Iḷisaġvik College’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology [IT] or related field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in IT or related field.
- Current Juniper Certification and MCDBA certification.
- HIPAA Security Officer experience and/or training.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear; The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and may occasionally drive a vehicle. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The environmental conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and the employee is regularly required to work indoors with a usually moderate noise level in the work environment.
Leave – 16 paid holidays and up to 36 days of paid leave
Retirement – Iḷisaġvik College is a public employer whose employees contribute to the State of Alaska, Public Employees Retirement System.
Health Insurance – Iḷisaġvik College is self-insured and Meritain Health is the health insurance third party administrator. Iḷisaġvik College offers health insurance to our employees with a no cost premium, and $50/month for each additional dependent and a low cost annual deductible of $200 for employee only and $600 for family.
Life Insurance – Iḷisaġvik College offers Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage through Guardian Life to employees at no cost to the employee in the amount of $100,000/per benefit.
Additional supplemental or voluntary retirement, life insurance, disability benefits offered.
[If any questions, please contact [email protected] ]
– IỊisaġvik College is a Drug Free Work Place and Equal Opportunity Employer –
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in