Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Connecticut – Department of Administrative Services & they are Hiring Candidates for Human Resources Generalist 1 (Hybrid)
Company Name : State of Connecticut – Department of Administrative Services
Company Location : Hartford, CT 06105
Job Position : Human Resources Generalist 1 (Hybrid)
Job Category : Jobs in Connecticut
Job Description :
Human Resources Generalist 1 position within the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS).
Support Connecticut’s Growth – By serving our citizens, businesses, state agencies and other branches of government by providing the highest quality services at the lowest possible cost.
You will also:
- Utilize time management skills, while managing multiple priorities to meet competing deadlines.
- Work independently using initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Be prepared to work in a changing environment.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Human Resources Business Partners and Hiring Managers.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our ‘Applicant Tips on How to Apply’ page.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified. Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Administrative Services, this class is deployed at an agency and is accountable for performing professional human resources duties as an agency business partner.
In a state agency outside of the State’s centralized Human Resources structure, this class is accountable for performing professional human resources and other related duties.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assists in advising agency staff on human resources policies and procedures, proper organizational structure and use of appropriate job classifications, talent needs, to include but not limited to advising on the availability and expiration of eligible lists, etc.;
- Partners with DAS service delivery teams and specialized units to appropriately deliver solutions for agency human resources needs;
- Communicates with agency managers, bargaining unit representatives and other interested parties to ensure cooperative relationships;
- Makes recommendations regarding agency’s classification and position management transactions and ensures proper organizational structure;
- Assists in ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Advises employees on matters related to employment, career development, transfer, separation, recruitment, examinations, and/or compensation;
- Performs job audits, or other fact finding techniques, related to individual job classification and job classification studies;
- Upon approval, facilitates human resource transactions, including promotions, demotions, transfers;
- Maintains human resource information systems within assigned agency;
- Performs research in support of reclassification grievances, business rules questions, policy and legislative changes, training initiatives and other human resources initiatives and projects;
- Assists in various areas of the recruitment process, including clearing of mandatory lists, interviewing, selection and on-boarding hires;
- Prepares or oversees the preparation and maintenance of relevant documentation and records;
- May coordinate employee assistance programs;
- May assist, coordinate, implement, oversee, and/or provide training and/or staff development programs;
- May support related agency strategic needs;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of human resources management and relevant state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
Basic knowledge of: employment practices related to civil rights, equal employment opportunity, job classification, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefit programs, pay administration, workers compensation and labor relations;
Interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills;
Some ability to: analyze and balance partners need with laws, regulations, policies, procedures and collective bargaining agreements;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of professional experience in human resources or equal opportunity/affirmative action or labor relations management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
A Master’s degree in human resources management, labor relations, business administration, public administration or other closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience providing Human Resources support in a unionized environment.
- Experience interpreting and advising employees on Human Resources Policies and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Experience using an Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Experience using online recruiting systems.
- Experience meeting deadlines against competing priorities.
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in