Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute & they are Hiring Candidates for Housekeeper/Housekeeping
Company Name : Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute
Company Location : Leawood, KS 66211
Job Position : Housekeeper/Housekeeping
Job Category : Jobs in Kansas
Job Description :
We are seeking a Housekeeper for our Hospital cleaning inpatient and operating rooms. The Housekeeper performs daily cleaning of the Inpatient Unit and Operating room, to include occupied and discharged patient rooms, as well as staff areas, hallways, and storage rooms. Completes work with a high level of quality and consistency, while maintaining flexibility in the completion of all tasks. this position is 32 hours per week, daytime shift with rotating days and weekends off, weekend shift differential of $2.00/hr.
Our ideal housekeeper will have experience working in a hospital setting. Can be a CNA, Nursing Student or other allied health student or professional.
- Demonstrates high level of understanding for infection prevention and control to effectively clean healthcare environments.
- Uses standard precautions consistently to perform all duties.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with the Inpatient nursing staff to ensure patient rooms are ready for admissions in a timely fashion, based on the day’s schedule.
- Consistently communicates break/lunch coverage to the Inpatient nurses and co-workers.
- Maintains hallways and stairway in the unit so they care free of rubbish, clean and orderly.
- Frequently cleans soiled dishes in kitchen to keep the area sanitized and orderly.
- Maintains janitorial closets within the Inpatient unit in a clean and orderly manner, to include stocking mops, cleaning cloths, chemicals, trash bags and linen bags; disposing of trash; and, packing biohazard containers, while keeping all equipment readily available, in clean condition, and in good repair.
- Assists with cleaning of storage areas within the Inpatient unit, keeping all equipment dust-free and organized.
- Removes trash from nursing staff break area, and cleans counters when needed.
- Follows department procedure for the safe and correct use of chemicals.
- Reports/labels malfunctioning/broken equipment to the Director of Facilities.
- Performs other cleaning-related work as required or requested, such as cleaning supply shelving in hospital departments.
- May assist with the delivery of supplies to hospital departments during low volume days.
- May assist in other capacities to support the operational needs of other hospital departments, such as surgery, purchasing/supply room, or facilities.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Works cooperatively with department manager, peers, and other staff in achieving the goal of maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Maintains professionalism, accountability, integrity and confidentiality in communicating with others, including physicians and peers.
- Participates in all required trainings, meetings, and completes required computer-based learning modules within the designated time frames.
- Follows and is familiar with all departmental policies and procedures, and monitors departmental communication boards.
- Must be flexible to work any day of the week, generally daytime hours, as well as additional shifts when necessary to cover time off for co-workers.
- Reliable transportation to work is essential, as well as excellent attendance.
- Uses two-way radio to stay in contact with co-workers while on shift.
a. Experience – 1-2 years of relevant experience and/or training preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
b. Other ideal candidates include – certified nursing assistants, nursing students, or other allied health students or professionals.
c. Licensing/Education – High school diploma or equivalent, (GED). Must read, write, and speak English. Basic mathematical skills; ability to perform simple calculations.
d. Physical Requirements – May have to sit, stand, and bend for long periods of time; lift up to 50 pounds; frequent walking. Involves frequent pushing and pulling of large carts loaded with trash, linens, or biohazards. The work environment can be very cool or warm, with a moderate amount of noise. Work is very fast paced. Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible, as well as exposure to communicable or infectious disease and other conditions common to a clinical area.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in