Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) & they are Hiring Candidates for Hardware Design Engineer
Company Name : Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
Company Location : Laurel, MD 20723
Job Position : Hardware Design Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Maryland
Job Description :
Are you a creative engineer with a real passion for hardware design?
Do you love delivering new capabilities through innovative electronics designs?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an ambitious hardware engineer to help us design custom circuit technology for software-defined radio applications. As a member of our team, you ‘ll help us build groundbreaking digital and RF circuits for the special operations and intelligence communities to address challenging national security problems and enable planning and decision making in domains as diverse as active threat deterrence, signal intelligence, cyber operations, machine learning, image processing, and applied data analytics. You ‘ll join a multidisciplinary team of engineers who believe in fostering an open, collaborative work environment to solve complex problems.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will:
- Assist in the development of portable communication devices and miniature wireless systems through board-level integration of RF and high-speed digital components, commercially available chipsets, and embedded processors.
- Support evaluation and testing of prototype and deliverable devices through lab and field testing, debugging, and troubleshooting, often under tight time constraints.
- Have the opportunity to engage with sponsors to understand and solve their toughest problems.
- Contribute to design reviews, system integration and documentation
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in computer or electrical engineering or a related field.
- Have 7+ years of hardware design and development experience with RF/analog/high-speed digital circuit design, bringing designs from idea to test and delivery.
- Understand RF design and how custom circuitry can be used to realize better systems for our sponsors.
- Are able to acquire a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You ‘ll go above and beyond our required qualifications if you…
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience leading teams of engineers.
- Have acquired significant software-defined radio experience.
- Are passionate about working independently and as part of a team and about mentoring early career engineers.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact [email protected] Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in