Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Central Lincoln & they are Hiring Candidates for GIS Analyst
Company Name : Central Lincoln
Company Location : Newport, OR
Job Position : GIS Analyst
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
The GIS Analyst develops, maintains and supports the geographic information system (GIS) using a wide range of technologies to ensure delivery of high-quality GIS services to internal and external customers. Provides training and consultation with employees to foster effective use of GIS systems and ensure work practices maintain the integrity and security of Central Lincoln’s GIS data. Works with Engineering, Operations and GIS/IT to integrate and support a broad range of technologies supporting efficient and effective work processes.
- Work with supervisors and other employees from multiple departments to analyze and develop GIS practices that ensure integrity of Central Lincoln data and foster effective use of GIS tools and data.
- Develop and maintain Central Lincoln GIS data, systems and tools in a manner that supports business objectives and employee needs.
- Review and approve updates made to Central Lincoln GIS datasets for accuracy and compliance with Central Lincoln data standards.
- Generate and maintain highly accurate Central Lincoln electrical model in order to provision engineering analysis, outage management and other mission critical GIS based systems.
- Provide GIS support to employees as needed to support effective use of Central Lincoln GIS tools.
- Work closely with Operations staff to maintain the Outage Management System (OMS).
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, the Board of Directors, members and others with whom we may work. Contributes to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals while actively demonstrating accountability and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measureable results.
- Perform field checks of projects after line crews have completed work. Ensure design matches completed construction.
- Complete as-built records in GIS for work completed by line crews.
- GPS facilities and move facilities to actual locations in GIS model.
- Work with Engineering Technicians, Operations Supervisors, and warehouse staff to address any conflicts between the project design and constructed work in the field.
- Ensure assemblies are correct and close out jobs in a timely manner.
- Check and maintain the connected model on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the GIS department to resolve mapping and/or data issues.
- Work with Engineers on staking/designing of pole replacements and/or small projects.
- After normal working hours dispatch duty as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Oral and written communication necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding customer service.
- Technical trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills.
- Prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Multitask while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions.
- Efficiently and quickly analyze, process, manipulate and accurately record extensive amounts of data (some of which is technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
- Maintain professional and respectful communications to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Use a personal computer or other technology devices frequently and consistently for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting and presenting documents, data and other business related information.
- Make well-reasoned decisions with a high level of attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work-flow and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Sufficient mental acuity and sound reasoning abilities necessary to review, analyze, evaluate, and interpret Central Lincoln policies, as well as federal and state regulations applicable to organizational operations.
- Work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment, and other business tools and materials.
- Be able to traverse uneven terrain, possibly during inclement weather conditions to access Central Lincoln facilities or structures in the field.
- Regularly works outdoors, occasionally in severe weather conditions.
DRIVING AND TRAVEL
- Drive a personal or company-owned vehicle on behalf of Central Lincoln in the performance of duties that serve as the basis for this position.
- Report for work and/or work-related appointments outside the office as scheduled during morning, afternoon and evening hours, even when day light is limited or non-existent, and possibly during inclement weather when directed to do so.
- Travel occasionally to attend job specific training via traditional modes of transportation (including airline travel) over long distances, some of which may involve one or more night stays out of town, both within and outside the state of Oregon.
Minimum Qualifications and Progression
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & PROGRESSION
- Requires a high school diploma or GED, and vocational or technical training in surveying, CAD or GIS or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying.
- Valid driver’s license: Yes
- Post-offer background check required: Yes
- Post-offer drug test required: No
- Post-offer physical/functional test required: No
- Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, or progression or advancement: None
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, GIS, Surveying or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in utility operations, GIS application development or a related field.
- Experience using National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) software.
- ESRI ArcGIS software and cartographic experience.
- Reports to the Distribution Engineering Supervisor
- No Supervisory responsibility
Central Lincoln is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate in the terms and conditions of employment against any applicant or current employee on the basis of any status or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $76,886.40 – $93,456.00 per year
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in