Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Sandia Resort And Casino & they are Hiring Candidates for GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Company Name : Sandia Resort And Casino
Company Location : Albuquerque, NM 87113
Job Position : GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Job Category : Jobs in New Mexico
Job Description :
Lead, direct, and supervise financial statement preparation and/or reporting and accounting for contracts and grants under federal, state or other funding sources. Maintain general ledger, budgets, and taxes.
Supervised by the Controller.
Supervises Staff Accountant and Accounting Clerk as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports for review and analysis.
- Prepares and/or reviews accounting for the Tribal Housing Program including home leases and financial transactions associated with the Tribal Mortgage Programs.
- Duties may include accepting applications, obtaining loan recommendations, preparing closing documents and assisting with presentations to the Housing Advisory Board and/or Tribal Council.
- Coordinates with Housing Manager and Building Safety as needed.
- Assists in establishing accounting processes and procedures.
- Directs or prepares general ledger entries and prepares general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepares billing for possessory interest taxes.
- Prepares general ledger analysis and maintenance.
- Prepares financial reporting to funding sources under federal, state or other grants.
- Reconciles grant revenue and expenses, prepares closeout reports and entries to close grants in the accounting system.
- For special revenue:
- Assist with the preparation of the annual indirect cost proposal for submission to the Department of the Interior.
- Prepare annual schedule of Expenditures under Federal Awards (SEFA.)
- Prepares, review and enter grant budgets in the accounting system.
- Prepare, submit and record drawdowns for federal and state grants.
- Prepare grant documents including awards and submit for signature
- Provide support to Pueblo grant managers and funding sources
- Assist in developing accounting policies and procedure for grants
- Ensures compliance with GAAP, GASB, and systems of internal control as well as applicable grant regulations.
- Schedule, supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
- Performs additional duties as necessary.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, and be well organized.
- Must have effective written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Ability to analyze and develop logical decisions.
- For special revenue, knowledge of regulations for state and federal grants.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with members of management, subordinates, associates, and professionals within the organization.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and four (4) years of accounting experience including two (2) in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in