Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance & they are Hiring Candidates for FIELD CLAIMS ADJUSTER EASTERN IOWA
Company Name : Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance
Company Location : Davenport, IA
Job Position : FIELD CLAIMS ADJUSTER EASTERN IOWA
Job Category : Jobs in Iowa
Job Description :
This is a field territory for Eastern Iowa. Counties in Iowa are Clinton, Scott, Cedar, Muscatine, Louisa, Henry, Des Moines, and Lee. Counties in Illinois are Rock Island, Mercer, Henderson, and Warren.
- Investigates the facts of assigned property and casualty claims to determine coverage, damages, and negligence in a timely and efficient manner as outlined in Grinnell Mutual claims procedures.
- Gathers supporting data, such as appraisals, interviews, police reports, medical bills, and statements related to the claim or to assist with a claim, utilizing telephone and written correspondence. Visits the claim scene to take photos, measurements, interviews, etc. to gather additional information and data related to claim.
- Evaluates potential risk to the company and sets reserves based on current estimate. Updates reserves based on additional data or facts gathered.
- Settles claims in a fair and equitable manner based on policy coverages and the information gathered during the investigation, without exceeding individual authority. Consults with manager proactively if settlement has potential to exceed authority limit. Provides recommendations and requests additional authority as appropriate.
- Ensures that checks/drafts are issued and that liability releases are obtained in a timely manner to assist with efficiently closing claims.
- Maintains a complete and well documented file in order to support the decisions and settlement of the claim. Ensures the home office has regular updates and access to claims files.
- Operates in accordance with applicable federal and individual state’s fair claim practices and regulations. Stays current with changing legislation, shares knowledge with co-workers and managers, and applies information as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year accredited college or university and two years property/casualty claims experience with preference towards field claims experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. AIC or SCLA designation preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal, active listening and customer service skills to bring claim to a resolution in a timely manner following GMRC claims procedures. Includes being familiar with facts, patient, resistant to stress, persistent, empathetic, and decisive.
- Ability to professionally present information and respond to questions in one-on-one or group settings. Communication may be via the telephone, in person, or in written correspondence.
- Ability to think logically and make decisions regarding claim investigation using personal judgment, experience, and known facts and figures while following claims procedures to determine coverages, negligence, and damages.
- Ability to organize work, determine priorities, and meet deadlines while incurring frequent interruptions.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and apply insurance terminology while reading/reviewing contracts, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations to daily work.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-employees including management and interact with customers and the general public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable schedule to meet the needs of our customers and provide adequate coverage during our core business hours. Manages workload and schedule to best serve customer needs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with remote manager. Demonstrates ability to perform as self-starter and act on own initiative. Utilizes manager as a resource and identifies when a situation is new or requires more expertise than incumbent possesses. Presents information, research and alternate solutions when seeking advice.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including computers, utilizing specialized claims applications and Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and travel from the office located in the employee’s home to claims sites or locations related to the claim. Overnight travel is required approximately 20 – 40% of time depending on territory size and claim load.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Field Claims Adjuster works with many types of people while representing GMRC. This can be stimulating yet demanding and stressful especially during high volume claims periods and when working with individuals facing a loss.
- The position is physically located in the employee’s home office. The position requires an individual to drive on a frequent basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear.
- Occasionally the employee will be required to climb a ladder, work on rooftops, and maneuver ladder as needed. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The position requires the employee to occasionally be exposed to wet/and or humid conditions, moving parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Claim investigations at loss sites may include farm locations and may place the claim adjuster in wet, muddy and dirty conditions.
As part of Grinnell Mutual’s employment process, the successful candidate is required to satisfactorily complete a background check.
This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business demands change, so to may the essential functions of this job.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in