Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth & they are Hiring Candidates for Family Specialist-Prevention
Company Name : Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth
Company Location : Rochester, NY 14617
Job Position : Family Specialist-Prevention
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
Join Our Mission
The Family Specialist goal is to preserve the family unit by providing supportive casework counseling in the home and empower parents with tools and resources to ensure children’s safety, well-being and permanency while providing advocacy to ensure quality services.
- Conducts assessment of family’s strengths and needs; assesses problem areas and utilizes various treatment modalities and resources to effect growth and change.
- Participates in development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of comprehensive treatment and discharge plan. Develops alternative placement or permanency resources for youth that may not return to their families. Completes a comprehensive discharge summary at least eight weeks prior to discharge.
- Delivers effective case management services, including ensuring counseling sessions are scheduled as needed and children receive required medical and dental examinations. Tracks and monitors services provided, completes all documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner. Ensures compliance with confidentiality standards, parental consent and necessary release of information.
- Conducts casework contacts with families, as needed but at least twice a month, in their homes and community settings to focus on treatment goals. Engages youth and family by developing effective and caring relationship. Ensures children are maintained in safe, secure environment. Develops and maintains relationships with community schools to ensure the best educational experience for each child and with community resource agencies.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community schools to ensure the best educational experience for each child and with community resource agencies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with at-risk youth and families.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with variable hours including day, evening, weekend, holiday and subject to call hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Travel is required. Ability to coordinate and plan travel for visits and appointments in efficient manner.
- Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
- Skills: Ability to handle crisis intervention in solution focused manner as well as communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in