Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Delaware Technical Community College & they are Hiring Candidates for Facilities Maintenance Technician (Temporary Part-time)
Company Name : Delaware Technical Community College
Company Location : Dover, DE
Job Position : Facilities Maintenance Technician (Temporary Part-time)
Job Category : Jobs in Delaware
Job Description :
An incumbent assists in performing minor building maintenance and repair work in several trade areas under the supervision of a technical supervisor.
The incumbent is closely supervised, typically by a technical supervisor, and may perform the more routine duties independently.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Assists mechanics and tradesmen in basic and routine repair and maintenance functions using a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. minor carpentry, basic HVAC, etc.).
2. Assists the Facilities office and tradesmen with ordering HVAC, electrical, plumbing and construction materials.
3. Assists mechanics in building, repairing, and maintaining roofs, floors, walls, partitions, tables, chairs, and other wooden objects.
4. Maintains and repairs window screens, door latches, light switches and receptacles, faucets, toilets, and other objects not requiring detailed knowledge and skill.
5. Assists in preparing and painting interior and exterior surfaces.
6. Assists in snow/ice removal, grass cutting, and grounds maintenance.
7. Assists in running new pipe, installing sinks and, in general, performing plumbing repair and maintenance.
8. Assists with moving furniture and other assigned tasks requiring general labor.
9. Assists with set-up for campus events.
10. Assists mailroom/signage shop personnel with shipping/receiving, mailbox delivery, sign making and installation of signs.
11. Assists with receiving and loading dock duties.
12. Assists facilities and sanitation staff with sanitation duties when needed.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge of operating and maintaining a variety of equipment, hand and power tools used in trades fields such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, or HVAC.
Knowledge of basic tools and their application, maintenance, and repair.
Knowledge of basic tasks and repairs in mechanical/trade fields.
Skill in basic applications, techniques or procedures of a mechanical/trade field.
Ability to understand and comply with written and oral instructions.
Ability to apply principles, practices, methods, tools and equipment used by skilled tradesmen/mechanics in helping them carry out their tasks.
Ability to operate equipment and power tools and ability to operate signage machines
Ability to operate mailroom machinery.
Ability to communicate effectively and work in a multi-cultured environment.
Ability to read, write, and follow basic instructions.
High school diploma or GED, and two (2) years of relevant experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- First Letter of Reference
- Second Letter of Reference
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document
- Multi Media
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in