Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Wyoming & they are Hiring Candidates for EXMT01-2022-04578-Assistant State Veterinarian-Cheyenne
Company Name : State of Wyoming
Company Location : Cheyenne, WY
Job Position : EXMT01-2022-04578-Assistant State Veterinarian-Cheyenne
Job Category : Jobs in Wyoming
Job Description :
Open Until Filled
The Assistant State Veterinarian serves at the pleasure of the State Veterinarian to assist in ensuring the protection of the Wyoming livestock industry in relation to domestic and foreign animal health issues through law, regulation, rule and policy oversight and enforcement. This position interacts with federal animal health personnel to develop and maintain cooperative agreements for animal health functions in the state of Wyoming. The Assistant State Veterinarian also assists with epidemiology and disease response in the field as assigned by the State Veterinarian.
Human Resource Contact: Hilary Wasserburger / 307-777-6404 / [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes new and ongoing disease cases affecting livestock, and responds to disease outbreaks or potential disease incursions by developing effective responses that serve to prevent and minimize disease impacts to the Wyoming livestock industry.
- Assists with field response to disease issues including disease testing, epidemiology, mitigation, and producer education.
- Collaborates with the State Veterinarian and management staff to identify legislative, rule or policy changes needed.
- Participates in federal, state, and local emergency response and foreign animal disease exercises and response implementing the ESF-11.
- Provides education for producers, veterinarians, and legislators on animal health issues, programs, and solutions.
- Maintains close contact and communication with USDA APHIS, national animal health organizations, and state veterinarians.
- Assists with development and management of the agency budget and federal cooperative agreements. Manages brucellosis payments to veterinarians for testing and adult vaccination.
- Works with the State Veterinarian, staff, the Board, and public in the process of promulgating rules necessary for animal health protections for the livestock industry.
- Maintains WLSB Reportable Disease List and oversees reporting, disseminates information to veterinary practitioners, and manages agency disease reports and statistics.
- Reviews certificates of veterinary inspection (both import and export) for compliance with regulations.
- Reviews and approves commuter permit applications to assure that import and test requirements have been met.
Preference may be given to those with regulatory experience in the areas of animal health disease control and eradication programs, epidemiology, emergency management/response, and animal welfare regulations.
**Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree required
**Agency requires that the successful applicant maintain current licensure with the Wyoming Board of Veterinary Medicine, USDA APHIS category 2 veterinary accreditation, and valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and rules regarding the livestock industry.
- Knowledge of the Agency’s statutory duties and responsibilities and administrative rule processes.
- Knowledge of the roles, responsibilities, and functions of the Livestock Board and staff members.
- Knowledge of concepts and practices of veterinary medicine, livestock identification, livestock industry, state and federal animal health disease control and eradication programs and policies.
- Knowledge of laboratory diagnostic services and epidemiology.
- Knowledge of the legislative and rules process.
- Skill in public relations, written and oral communication and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in organization, planning, implementing and evaluating achievement of goals.
- Skill in applying analysis and judgment in arriving at solutions.
- Skill in interpreting laws and rules while enforcing them consistently in a straight forward manner.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Ability to identify problems and work with involved members to proactively and professionally resolve problems and conflicts.
- Knowledge and experience in grant and cooperative agreement writing and management/administration.
- Knowledge and experience in Incident Command Structure and emergency management.
None – See “Preferences”
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This is a physically demanding position working with livestock outdoors in all-weather conditions with frequent travel.
- This position may include lifting up to 50 lbs.
- FLSA: Exempt
051-Wyoming Livestock Board
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide-open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State employees a very generous benefits package. Please click here for more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in