Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Ferrara Fire Apparatus & they are Hiring Candidates for Electrical Engineer – Entry Level
Company Name : Ferrara Fire Apparatus
Company Location : Holden, LA 70744
Job Position : Electrical Engineer – Entry Level
Job Category : Jobs in Louisiana
Job Description :
Ferrara/KME are premiere manufacturers of fire trucks and emergency response vehicles offering a full line of pumpers, aerials, industrial, wildland, and rescue apparatus. Working hands-on with both municipal and industrial fire departments, the Ferrara/KME team thrives on diagnosing departments’ current apparatus limitations and response needs to custom design the perfect fire apparatus solution that will stand the test of time.
Ferrara/KME is part of the larger REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer of specialty vehicles for the fire & emergency, commercial, and recreation markets. REV Group’s extensive vehicle line-up includes models such as ambulances, fire trucks, school buses, terminal trucks, RV’s, luxury buses, and much more. Our 6,500+ employees continuously demonstrate their commitment to building innovative and reliable vehicles that our customers can depend on whether for a family trip across the U.S. or when responding to an emergency. Rev Group is a veteran-friendly employer and hires over 200 veterans and or those transferring out of the military each year.
Design and develop electrical system circuit logic for the control of fire trucks and their associated devices. Examples include multiplex vehicle control systems, wire harness design related to control systems, and electrical interfaces.
Work with a dynamic team of engineers and designers to create and modify the electrical systems for fire apparatus. Integrate new automotive technologies, and new configurations of existing technology. Use engineering software tools such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Multiplex CAN-bus network programming to design, develop, and execute in a team environment. Work with both
12 Volt DC circuits for control of vehicle functions, warning lights, aerial ladder functions, and fire suppression systems. Work with 120/240 Volt AC circuits provided on fire apparatus for powering scene lighting, smoke ventilation fans, and extrication tools. Provide interfaces to advanced communications and electronics equipment used in emergency incident command.
- Design electrical system circuits to support vehicle functions.
- Develop specifications for electrical hardware interfaces.
- Develop specifications for application software.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve in-vehicle electrical controls and displays.
- Operate computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks: AutoCAD, Zuken E3, etc. – see below.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and requirements.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Maintain industry standards while driving ingenuity in product design with a focus on profitability and cost reduction.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required, or directed, to maintain workflow or respond to production requirements.
- BSEE or equal work experience
- Ability to work independently or as part of multidisciplinary team
- Good writing and communication skills
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS:
- Strong technical background in analog and digital circuits.
- Experience with embedded software controls – Examples: Raspberry PI, Arduino or similar
- CAD software
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- AutoCAD Software and Zuken E3
- Multiplex Systems, Class 1, Weldon, Power Vision & Diamond Logic Vehicle Control Electronics
- Multimeters, and network analyzers
- Microcontroller Programs
- Microsoft Office
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunities for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the “CCPA”), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in