Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in American Tire Distributors & they are Hiring Candidates for Distribution Center Operations Manager
Company Name : American Tire Distributors
Company Location : Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Job Position : Distribution Center Operations Manager
Job Category : Jobs in South Dakota
Job Description :
OUR DISTRIBUTION CENTER IS OPEN MONDAY – FRIDAY W/ OCCASIONAL SATURDAYS AS NEEDED
$65,000-75,000k/yr. (salary) plus potential for bonus
5:00am start time + Saturday rotation as needed
FULL TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
Prescription Drug Card Coverage
Paid Time Off
Paid Company Holidays
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Distribution Center (DC) Supervisor monitors and effectively oversees and supervises the daily routines and specific tasks of assigned shifts and employees which may include a focus area of either transportation and/or warehouse management The DC Supervisor manages a sub-set of employees and provides back-up support for the Distribution Excellence Manager, including ensuring the Center meets and integrates with Company’s requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal requirements, environmental policies and general care of duty. Coordinates all assigned warehousing activities with management and administration. Champions safe working conditions and monitors employees to ensure safe operation of equipment within the warehouse.
- Provide leadership and manages the day-to-day activities for warehouse associates or delivery associates assigned to different shifts. Manage employees and team performance; provide SEAL onboarding, train or provide adequate training for employees; coach, motivate, and evaluate employees; investigate complaints or performance concerns; implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with field human resources.
- Maintains staff by selecting, recruiting, training, and mentoring employees for development growth.
- Performs daily huddles at the DC to ensure employees understand work tasks expectations and deliverables.
- Provides back-up support for the Distribution Excellence Manager; adheres to ATD’s quality standards, health and safety, legal compliance, environmental policies, SEAL operating platform deliverables, and general care of duty.
Primary Warehouse Function Responsibilities:
- Plans and leads all assigned warehousing activities with management and administration to ensure quality delivery of all daily production goals.
- Manages warehouse associates organizing the labor of loading/unloading delivery trucks, operating fork lifts/industrial equipment, picking material to fill orders, staging product for loading, periodic inventory control and proper shipment of orders via third party carriers (LTL).
- Supervises and record via warehouse management system, the receipt, storage and distribution of equipment, supplies and specialty items in a centralized warehouse operation.
- Manages maintenance of assigned facility, product handling equipment and inventory warehousing control systems.
- Champions safe working conditions and monitors employees to ensure safe operation of equipment within the distribution center.
Transportation Function Responsibilities:
- Plans and leads transportation activities to ensure efficient delivery and operation of company vehicles, adherence to DOT regulations, and timely and accurate delivery of products to improve service to internal and external customers.
- Reviews and implements work methods and procedures to increase productivity and achieve effective routing using various monitoring systems such as Fleetmatics, Telematics, and Roadnet.
- Ensures compliance with pre-trip vehicle inspections, standard procedures when arriving, unloading/loading departing, and obtaining payments when delivering products at customer locations.
- Collaborates with service providers to ensure the safe and efficient operation of delivery vehicles responsible for the maintenance of all company vehicles.
- Provides guidance and follow up as it pertains to Department of Transportation regulations and driver compliance in accordance with JJ Keller guidelines.
- Deliver an on time percentage (%) greater than 95%.
- Champion of safe working conditions, safe driving procedures and monitors employees to ensure safe operation of equipment within the distribution center.
Direct Reports: **
- Dependent on the size of the distribution center and the number of routes the Distribution Center Supervisor may manage either or both warehouse associates and delivery drivers/associates collaborating with other Distribution Center Supervisor(s).
Key Partners (Positions): **
- Other Distribution Center Supervisors
- Distribution Center Leads
- Distribution Center Administrative Staff
- Hub and Spoke Leaders across the network
- ATD Customers
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You: **
- Education**: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 2+ years previous applicable leadership experience in a world class distribution environment is required. Previous supervisory experience (direct supervision of employees); experience in the receipt, storage or distribution of supplies or equipment preferred.
- Previous direct management experience over teams of 10 or more.
- Previous experience in a lean-Six Sigma continuous improvement based environment.
- Such *alternatives* to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to lead, motive, serve and inspire others.
- Shows a sense of respect, humility, and integrity at all times.
- Ability to motivate others to carry out assigned tasks; ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team; ability to implement and follow through with assigned tasks.
- A passion for customer satisfaction and world class service.
- Self-management: set well-defined and realistic goals, display initiative and commitment to meet goals and work with minimal supervision; decision-making: make sound, well-informed and objective decisions.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Creative thinking: use imagination to develop solutions to problems; continuous learning: recognize strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrate respect: handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”.
- Teamwork: work collaboratively with all departments to coordinate effective work environment.
- Be accountable for results: assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behavior, decisions, and results; knowledge of product flow within a distribution environment.
- Previous experience in behavior based management of process to delivery of desired results.
- Familiarity with current materials, methods, tools and equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations; excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures, prepare various reporting via excel and other similar tools.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements: **
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned region and will require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sioux Falls, SD 57104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you 21 years of age or older?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Warehouse or Distribution Center: 2 years (Required)
- Warehouse or Distribution Center Supervisory or Lead: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in