Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Central Wyoming College & they are Hiring Candidates for Director of Finance
Company Name : Central Wyoming College
Company Location : Riverton, WY 82501
Job Position : Director of Finance
Job Category : Jobs in Wyoming
Job Description :
The Director of Finance provides support to the college through the administration of financial operations and records, ensuring that financial transactions meet generally accepted accounting criteria for recording, reporting, and audit purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the daily financial operations of the college, including cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial recording and reporting
- Establishes and maintains internal controls to guarantee that account pledging is sufficient to protect cash.
- Supervises the business office staff, including hiring, scheduling, training, evaluations, etc.
- Audits all college general ledger accounts and prepares adjusting and closing general journal entries as required.
- Balances, prepares, and maintains monthly, quarterly, and annual college financial reports for management, audit, and archive purposes.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Business Office procedures manual.
- Assists all college departments with budget and account balance inquiries, reports, and internal audit services.
- Assists the Vice President for Administrative Services with the preparation of the biennial and annual budgets
- Fulfills the immediate duties of the VP for Administrative Services as they relate to financial matters and duties of Business Office staff while they are on leave or off campus
- Reconciles college bank and investment accounts monthly
- Prepares and processes budget transfer requests by college departments
- Coordinates the gathering of financial and operational information for evaluation by college and Wyoming PBS external auditors; supervises and schedules all college annual audits and coordinate any special agency compliance or financial audits
- Prepares annual reports or surveys to bond rating and credit reporting companies, the WCCC, the U.S. Department of Education, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Ensures that college and WPBS annual audit reports are distributed to all interested parties
- Assists in the review, improvement, and updating of college accounting, records management, and internal controls systems
- Oversees, assists and reviews the preparation of IRS Form 1099-MISC and 1098 transmittal forms for all eligible college disbursements
- Advises the CWC Student Senate on their budgets and financial matters; attend Senate meetings and functions when practical to stay informed of their financial activities
- Makes recommendations to the college on investment strategies, policies, and specific vehicles to enhance the financial return on excess cash holdings.
- Monitors investments for safety of principal; rate of return; volatility; and compliance with state laws, suggested industry conventions, and adherence to Board policies
- Oversee Automated Clearing House computer software system to pay employees electronically.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Three years of related experience, preferably in a higher education setting, with two years of experience managing an integrated computing system.
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Active CPA certification strongly preferred
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and follow CWC Policies and Procedures
- Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GASB)
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion, with attention to close detail
- Ability to lead a team of staff working toward a common goal
- Strong knowledge and excellent skills in computer usage and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office applications and database management
- High level of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
Level of Supervision
This position operates with a significant amount of autonomy with the guidance of the Vice President of Administrative Services.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment including personal computer, calculator, fax machine, ten-key calculator by touch, phone, scanners, copy machine, and telephone. Motor vehicle.
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require variety of physical activities, which do not generally involve muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching and light lifting. Regular talking, hearing and seeing required in the normal course of performing the job. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform some essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting. May include some travel as well as weekend/evening work.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email [email protected]
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in