Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Foothills Child Advocacy Center & they are Hiring Candidates for Director of Finance and Facility Management
Company Name : Foothills Child Advocacy Center
Company Location : Charlottesville, VA 22902
Job Position : Director of Finance and Facility Management
Job Category : Jobs in Virginia
Job Description :
Director of Finance and Facility Management
At Foothills Child Advocacy Center, children come first. We provide trauma-informed services for children who have experienced abuse and their families. At our child-friendly space, children have an opportunity to tell their story, to receive medical exams, to see our mental health clinician, and to be connected to community services. We welcome everyone equally.
The Director of Finance and Facility Management is responsible for the organization’s administrative and financial operations, including program support, reporting, and facilities management. The Director of Finance and Facility Management is chosen by and reports to the Executive Director and is a full-time position.
- Prepares and manages the agency’s budget with input from the executive director.
- Prepares the monthly financial reports requested by the Finance Committee.
- Maintains all financial records and reports.
- Arranges audits and preparation of IRS forms and reports.
- Manages Payroll and administration
- 1099/non-employee records, management and administration
- Maintains and balances all bank accounts.
- Maintains accounts payable and receivable, and receipts for all expenses.
- Assures that all financial reports to funders are timely and accurate.
- Responsible for renewing legal registrations, including State Corporation Commission, Form 103, and Sales Tax Exemption
- Coordinates with development department to reconcile financial and donor records
Maintains all organizational records, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains all licenses and registrations.
- Negotiates contracts for insurance, legal, CPA, and other needed professional services and keeps contracts on file.
- Assists the ED in organizational work for the Board of Directors.
Program Support and Reporting
- Assists staff in maintaining program documentation and time sheets.
- Assists grant-supported staff in preparation of quarterly reports.
- Prepares and submits all invoices for reimbursable grants (after review by ED).
- Maintains all public areas of the center for use by clients and MDT.
- Purchases and maintains all office and program supplies.
- Maintains all furniture and equipment.
- Obtains bids for facilities’ work as needed.
- Oversees maintenance workers.
- Keeps maintenance records up-to-date.
Board and Staff
- Maintains employee personnel records, including performance evaluations and background check schedule.
- Keeps bank signature cards and other information current
- Maintains and preserves all board reports.
- Prepares and delivers letters, and regulations to all board members and maintains board member files, including contact information, needed yearly disclosures, and background, checks.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director and time allows.
Qualifications and Skills
- Motivated by helping children who have experienced abuse
- Requires a minimum of three years previous office, administrative, and bookkeeping experience, preferable with a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting system
- Knowledge of budgeting process and financial management.
- Knowledge and skills of payroll management.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with board members, team members and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a stressful job environment with difficult subject matter and keep own emotions in check.
- Ability to develop logical and creative solutions and be responsible for making sound decisions.
- Ability to schedule effectively and make efficient use of time.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in managing own work activities.
- Interpersonal Skills: Approaches others in a tactful manner; ability to work well under pressure and respond quickly to challenges; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; and remains open to others’ ideas.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Cultural Competency and Humility: Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong self- evaluation and self-critique of cultural competency; has a proven track record of working well with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Has the ability to work as a team member with individuals from a variety of disciplines; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics/Professionalism: Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments; and upholds organizational values.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative: Volunteers readily; undertakes professional development activities; and asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing: Ability to work independently; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; and arrives at meetings and appointments on time; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Physical Requirements While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close and distance vision.
Other Requirements Must have access to a vehicle; possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance; submit to a pre-employment thorough criminal and child abuse background check and thereafter every three years, and demonstrate proof of legal ability to work in the United States, and, if applicable, demonstrate registration with the Selective Service.
Performance Evaluation Performance will be evaluated on the ability and effectiveness of the Director of Finance and Facility Management in carrying out the above responsibilities by the Executive Director.
Equal Opportunity Employer Foothills does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, cultural background, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, military service, or any other basis prohibited by state law relating to discrimination in employment.
Professionals who are interested in joining the Foothills team should submit a letter of interest and professional resume to churst @ foothillscac.org. Include the position title in the cover letter. Only qualified candidates will receive a response. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Benefits: Up to $9,000 per year in health care premiums. Dental and vision also offered. And 3% IRA match.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Must have vaccine and booster.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottesville, VA 22902: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Budgeting: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in