Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in BAE Systems & they are Hiring Candidates for Design Test Engineer (sign on bonus)
Company Name : BAE Systems
Company Location : Fort Wayne, IN 46809
Job Position : Design Test Engineer (sign on bonus)
Job Category : Jobs in Indiana
Job Description :
Thank you for your interest in BAE Systems! This opening is for candidates who are interested in interviewing at our November 2022 Fort Wayne, IN Interview Week Event. If your background and skill set match our hiring needs, we will reach out with next steps. If selected for an interview, specific opportunities based on your interests and skill set will be discussed with the hiring team.
It’s all about the journey. Our advanced electronic systems help transport millions of passengers every day. Every second a plane takes off somewhere in the world, enabled by our flight-critical products. Be a part of our journey at Electronic Systems where you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the industry’s most fascinating problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. Now you can too! Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™”. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking Test Engineers for our Controls and Avionics Solutions (CAS) business area located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Being a trusted provider of aerospace solutions, the CAS business develops, produces, and services advanced and highly reliable electronic controls for the leading manufacturers of commercial and military aircraft. Including their flight and propulsion systems. As a member of BAE Systems’ team, you will have the opportunity to work hands-on with complex electronic controls and solve challenging technical problems that both enhance our products performance and matter to our customers.
Our Test Engineers are responsible for the support of our products, including performance, reliability, and delivery, and our automated test equipment, including its design and integration. Responsibilities include:
- Defining, integrating, and maintaining hardware test requirements
- Initiating continuous improvement of our electronic controls as a response to acceptance test yields and delivered quality metrics
- Providing hands-on design engineering guidance and support to the manufacturing and service organizations (e.g. product investigations / root cause analysis and performance impact assessments) to address issues affecting performance, quality, reliability, and delivery.
- Liaising with Design Engineering in Endicott, New York on design and test changes.
- Hands-on implementation of hardware test requirements with in-house and/or third party automated test solutions.
- Design, integration, maintenance, and configuration management of automated test hardware and software meeting coverage, reliability, efficiency, usability, and maintainability requirements.
- Supporting repair and maintenance for equipment installed at BAE Systems locations around the world.
This role involves a combination of hands-on product/test equipment engagement, collaborative teaming, and independent work. Therefore, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite in the Fort Wayne, IN manufacturing facility and remotely. Some light travel may be required (<10%).
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
Ability to analyze and debug electronic circuits (e.g. analog, digital, power, and communications) and use various laboratory equipment (e.g. power supplies, multimeters, and oscilloscopes).
Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and critical thinking.
Ability to interpret and implement requirements specifications.
General understanding of electronic test equipment design and development.
Ability to read, edit, and integrate software.
Effective communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Ability to effectively multitask and manage priorities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 2+ year of experience.
- Experience with the manufacturing and testing of high reliability electronic assemblies.
- Experience automating test equipment instrumentation for manufacturing and acceptance test, fault diagnosis, and isolation.
- Familiarity with third party in-circuit test platforms and systems (ex. Keysight and/or Genrad Bed of Nails, Acculogic FLS980, DITMCO).
- Familiarity with hardware design certification standards and testing requirements.
- Experience programming in various software environments (ex. Basic, UNIX, C++, NI LabVIEW, NI TestStand, Visual Studio, Python etc.)
- Experience working in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience with statistical process control techniques and analytical tools (ex. 6 Sigma).
- Ability to propose, quote, and execute test equipment project plans.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in