Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Project Consulting Services, Inc & they are Hiring Candidates for Design Engineer
Company Name : Project Consulting Services, Inc
Company Location : Metairie, LA 70002
Job Position : Design Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Louisiana
Job Description :
About the Job
Project Consulting Services, Inc., an engineering, project management and consulting firm specializing in the development of energy infrastructure projects, is recruiting Design Engineers for our office in Metairie, LA. Our firm, staffed with registered professional engineers, designers, and construction specialists, provides custom designs, offering our clients innovative, economical, and installable pipelines and related facilities.
This position will be responsible for providing technical engineering expertise and project support for the design, engineering, construction, installation, and operation of pipelines and related facilities. Projects range from technical analysis to economic studies of cost, operation, and safety aspects of operating facilities and projects under development. Project environments will vary among areas throughout the United States, including onshore and offshore, and marine environments such as marshes, lakes and rivers.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Perform work that involves both conventional and emerging engineering practices and techniques, which may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements and suitability of materials.
- Implement changes to work scope as required by project management and project engineer.
- Support design engineering and construction engineering activities for the pipeline and related facilities for the project(s) assigned, in accordance with the company and/or client standards.
- Design pipeline systems, including compression facilities, pump facilities, storage tank terminals and meter stations.
- Development of project specific specifications, piping layouts, design calculations, stress analyses, procurement specification & material engineering, and field engineering.
- Work closely with field personnel on all aspects of engineering, design, operations and maintenance.
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Support material procurement efforts.
- Remain current with the pipeline regulations, industry codes and standards, integrity assessment methods, construction and repair methods, etc.
- Facilitate or support collaboration and coordination of activities with other departments and offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities noted above only provide a broad overview of the potential for assignments. Tools and resources are available to our engineers for analyzing problems such as thermal expansion, pipeline stability, pipeline hydraulics, and conducting finite element analyses.
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering disciplines are preferred, but other disciplines will be considered.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates experienced with design of crude oil handling and storage systems (tanks, pumps, etc.) and/or design of gas processing systems
- Prefer candidates with prior industry engineering design experience; however, all levels of experience will be considered.
- Technical knowledge and work experience in pipeline risk management and analysis.
- Engineering expertise and comprehensive knowledge of related fields, including applicable industry codes and regulations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company’s employees, clients and industry representatives.
- Ability to support complex design and construction projects concurrently, to analyze engineering data and develop effective solutions, and to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize engineering functions with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be highly motivated, good team player, customer oriented and have the ability to learn outside of own discipline.
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills.
- Commitment to a standard of quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, engineering, and support personnel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
The PCS Office Covid Prevention Plan includes guidance from OSHA, CDC, Local/State Governments related to COVID-19 prevention measures.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Metairie, LA 70002: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mechanical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in