Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University of Michigan & they are Hiring Candidates for Custodial Sr Supervisor
Company Name : University of Michigan
Company Location : Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Job Position : Custodial Sr Supervisor
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Custoidal and Grounds Services, a unit of Facilites and Operations, is seeking a Custodial Senior Supervisor to manage the day-to-day custodial operations for designated areas on the Ann Arbor campus. This position provides direct leadership for 18-25 custodians, ensuring compliance with department standards and procedures.
Serving the U-M community, Custodial & Grounds Services are the stewards of the buildings and grounds that make the University of Michigan’s Ann Arbor campus unique. Our employees supports the academic and medical campuses and pride themselves in giving exceptional customer service while conserving, enhancing, and maintaining more than 26 million square feet of property.
Our mission is to serve, with excellence, by providing custodial services, pest management, gounds maintenance, and landscape design services in the support of a safe, functional, and attractive campus environment.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
Why Work at Michigan?
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care that’s the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It’s adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Manage and develop a cohesive, high-performing team of custodians that act in accordance with Facility and Operations’ guiding principles of being proactive, respectful, collaborative, and solutions-based.
- Provide a work environment that brings a high level of energy, team building attitude, environmental awareness, fiscal responsibility, customer service, and safety to the team and department.
- Plan work activities and establish work schedules and staffing requirements using departmental team cleaning standards.
- Perform payroll functions including accurate record keeping, vacation scheduling, and overtime assignments.
- Perform administrative functions including monthly supply orders, inventories updated for stock, and equipment and laundry counts.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it is clean and maintained to departmental standards.
- Train staff in compliance with current cleaning standards.
- Ensure university and department policies and procedures are being followed correctly.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations to assess additional training needs.
- Uphold the AFSCME contract. Proactively address issues as they arise. Manage labor relations issues and resolve employee complaints and grievances, including the first step grievance.
- Initiate disciplinary process including recommendation for discharge.
- Maintain safety standards to assure compliance with the University, State, and Federal codes and regulations.
- Coordinate the flow of work or services between departments and assist in the resolution of inter-departmental operating issues.
- Conduct Quality Assurance inspections on buildings and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with our campus partners to ensure that we are providing the highest level of service via email, phone, video calls,and other communication resources.
- Partner with Pest Management to ensure preventive measures are being taken in buildings.
- High school graduate/GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Custodial Supervisor
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial operations, and/or supervisory experience in custodial operations
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and Google Workspace (Sheets and Docs)
- Excellent customer service skills are a must!
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with a diverse group of people at all levels
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with team cleaning custodial operating systems
- Experience with FMS (AIM) Work Management System
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Experience working in a union environment, including knowledge of labor contract administration
The regular shift for this position is Monday-Friday with a start time of 12:00 a.m. -8:30 am.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
Job Opening ID
Custodial Sr Supervisor
Yard Labor/Janitorial Sr Supr
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Posting Begin/End Date
11/03/2022 – 11/13/2022
$50,000.00 – $56,000.00
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in