Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Certified Aviation Services & they are Hiring Candidates for Controller
Company Name : Certified Aviation Services
Company Location : Fairhope, AL 36532
Job Position : Controller
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
Reports to: General Manager
Based at: CAS Components
Job Type: Full-time; In Person (Remote as needed)
This position is responsible for overseeing the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, maintain the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Review and maintain financial records to ensure accessibility and preparedness to address internal and external needs.
· Manage monthly and annual close of the financial statements.
· Prepare financial statements to include supporting schedules to include timely issuance of monthly statements and reporting package.
· Develop and maintain company performance dashboards with KPIs as determined in conjunction with the President and General Manager.
· Assess current state of accounting operational workflows and restructure as necessary to ensure optimal resources.
· Improve the number of days required for the closing process to meet company’s process improvement goals.
· Track and improve receivable collection days to meet company’s process improvement goals.
· Supervise and mentor accounting staff.
· Review the general ledger and analyze to ensure all accounts are reconciled and transactions are recorded properly.
· Prepare advanced journal entries in compliance with GAAP
· Review bank reconciliations and other month-end work products prepared by staff.
· Establish processes and procedures and create templates for staff to ensure general ledger records are updated in compliance with GAAP.
· Review and/or prepare reports for regulatory agencies.
· Supervise generation of year-end 1099’s.
· Assemble and prepare schedules for tax preparation.
· Prepare and manage annual budgets and forecasts and perform variance analysis.
· Safeguard the assets of the Company by developing, implementing, and/or make enhancements to accounting control procedures.
· Provide general financial support for operations, logistics, customer service, and other departments; provide representation on ad hoc interdepartmental teams.
· Manage staff to include planning work-stream, monitoring performance, providing feedback, and appraising job performance in concert with company processes and policies.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, skills, and abilities:
· 8 – 10 years’ experience in general ledger close in a manufacturing environment
· Preferred experience with Aerospace and specifically withMRO
· Robust problem solving and analytical skills
· Experience in budgeting and cash flow management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial management
· Strong leadership ability, including self-confidence, integrity, sound judgment and decision-making, and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
· Must be proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement across the accounting and finance functions and implement solutions
· Proven managerial experience in developing a professional accounting team
· Prior experience in developing, improving, and/or managing management dashboards with dynamic analysis of business trends
· Strong software skills, ideally including advanced Excel (e.g., pivot tables, V- lookups, macros), PowerPoint, and ERP manufacturing-based GL system preferably SAGE Intacct. Preferred knowledge with Paylocity and QuickBooks software
· CPA preferred
· BS in Business, Accounting or Finance Required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairhope, AL 36532: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fairhope, AL 36532
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in