Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) & they are Hiring Candidates for Contract Grant Writer
Company Name : Children’s Cancer Association (CCA)
Company Location : Portland, OR 97209
Job Position : Contract Grant Writer
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
Who we are:
JoyRx, the mission delivery of Children’s Cancer Association is the only organization of its kind.
Established in 1995, JoyRx has the simple goal of delivering Joy to seriously ill children and teens when
they need more than medicine. We combine energy, commitment, and vision to transform the
standard of care for seriously ill children every day with Joy. JoyRx, the mission delivery of Children’s
Cancer Association, has pioneered innovative, award-winning pediatric programs of music, friendship,
JoyRx is passionate about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and believes that a diverse staff of highly
skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. We
strive to create a work environment the reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels
empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work, fully as they identify.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our
workforce across a range of dimensions.
Who You Are:
The Contract Grant Writer will research, organize, write, and submit local and national grants, and be
responsible for generating nearly $330,000 in annual grant support, with focus on funders in the
greater Austin, TX area as well as national expansion opportunities. As assigned, the Contractor will
recommend and research new funding opportunities, manage, prepare, and submit grants (proposals,
LOIs, and other application materials) and complete reports (narrative and financial) to funders in
support of CCA programs. This individual will also track, provide reports and acknowledge all grants as
well as lead Development and Program staff in identifying needs, prospective funding and cultivate
relationships; monitor grant expenditures and performance.
This contract role works directly with the Director of Philanthropy.
Contract Expectations: Raise $330,000 in FY23 through grant support, focused on opportunities in Texas and national
- Identify, research and submit to new grant sources – single and multi-year.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing network of Foundation contacts.
- Maintain and enhance the proposal tracking system and report back to funding sources in an
- Ensure timely reporting with grantees and appropriate program staff.
- Maintain timeline for proposals and work with Director of Philanthropy and Program Directors on
- Communicate with grant partners.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
articulate the mission of CCA and the unmet needs the organization addresses, and be efficient and
well-organized. The qualified contractor will be able to work remotely, with support from a small team
and respond well to a changing environment.
Skills, Education & Experience Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills and experience and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical knowledge of grant funding strategy and processes, with special attention to
- Knowledge of foundation, corporate and government grant application procedures
- Demonstrated experience meeting financial goals
- Able to balance competing priorities and complex situations
- Sound judgment in problem-solving and decision-making techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years previous experience in grants writing
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently within tight deadlines
- Experience working with Word, Excel and Raiser’s Edge
Work Environment & Travel
This contract role will primarily be completed remotely. If located in the Portland, OR or Austin, TX
areas, occasional travel to Children’s Cancer Association offices may be required.
Starting at $50/hour at 10 to 20 hours per week. The Contractor will submit invoices at least monthly
outlining hours worked and total amount to be paid.
Complete the application through our application portal and answer the following two questions in
your cover letter:
1. Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this contract role
2. Provide compensation expectations
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in