Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Chicago Jesuit Academy & they are Hiring Candidates for College & Career Persistence Counselor
Company Name : Chicago Jesuit Academy
Company Location : Chicago, IL 60644
Job Position : College & Career Persistence Counselor
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
The College & Career Persistence Counselor serves in the College & Career Persistence (CP) Office at Chicago Jesuit Academy. We are looking for someone eager to accompany our alumni on their unique paths to meaningful employment by supporting them throughout high school, their post-secondary education and the start of their careers. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing a caseload of CJA students and alumni and executing the department’s core programs as described below.
The person in this position works in close partnership with the Vice President of College Persistence, the Director of College Persistence and the CP Team. The position occasionally requires non-traditional work hours to run evening or weekend events and respond to alumni needs as they arise.
The College & Career Persistence Counselor will:
- Support the high-school admissions process and summer-program placements for current CJA students.
- Coordinate services and supports for various alumni issues, including high-school success, tutoring, transfers, college admissions advising, crisis management, and application support for jobs, internships and summer programs.
- Visit students at their current schools and assess the level of care being provided by these schools.
- Assist in executing alumni summer programming, including the high school and college bridge workshops, summer work programs, SAT/ACT prep course, college visits and employment support.
- Conduct individual and group parent meetings with current students and alumni.
- Update and maintain alumni records and points of communication in the College-Persistence Salesforce database with respect to alumni confidentiality.
- Actively communicate with and engage families in events and programming.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner schools and community organizations.
- Support CJA’s development efforts by sharing our work with friends and benefactors who support the scholarship needs of CJA students and the ongoing needs of CJA alumni.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will believe in the long-term care of students and an education that forms the whole person — cura personalis in the Jesuit tradition. This person will have strong communication and organizational skills. Experience teaching or working in a social-services organization is preferred.
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Please submit cover letters and resumes through Indeed.com
Mission: Chicago Jesuit Academy is a loving and academically rigorous tuition-free Catholic elementary school for students and families from resilient communities impacted by historical disinvestment. We accompany our students and alumni from enrollment through the start of their careers as they develop their gifts and grow as men and women for others.
Means: Located in Austin on Chicago’s West Side, CJA admits students to all grades in our lower and middle school without regard for their race, ethnicity or religion, and CJA enrolls 3rd-, 4th- and 5th-grade students without regard for their past levels of academic achievement. We use small class sizes, extended school days and an 11-month school year to give personal care to our students and help them develop as whole persons. We accompany our alumni on their unique paths to meaningful employment and support them throughout high school, their post-secondary education and the start of their careers, always welcoming them back as leaders at CJA and in the broader community. CJA students, alumni, parents, faculty, staff, volunteers and benefactors listen to and learn from one another and make disciplined sacrifices to accomplish our shared mission. We partner with other schools and the broader community to create access to better educational resources, confront systemic racism and remove obstacles to educational equity. We call one another to find God in all things and be men and women for others who are open to growth, loving, religious, seeking intellectual excellence and committed to doing justice.
Non-discrimination Policy: Chicago Jesuit Academy, in accordance with our Jesuit tradition, is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (except in matters of admission and enrollment), gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the CJA community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected identity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in